LHP & Ginger Cob go Autumn Hunting.. And may God help us all!

mastermax

Visit site
Out of bed at 3 am, which was half an hours lie in for me being a Dairy Farmer. Husband decided not to let me drive and insisted he drive us there himself. The kennels were a good hours drive away and had to be there by 6.30 am, as husband drove, we got there at 6!. Now husband has been out of hospital for a few weeks after having a bleed on the brain and also got kicked HARD in the leg whilst drying off a cow the other day, so not feeling 100%. As a bit of background , Ginge is a proven, seasoned hunter that Twizzel loves hunting...no problems there then? LHP is a baby, never been before and I havent been for 15 plus years since being diagnosed with MS and losing my nerve...problems there then?
We arrived at the kennels to the sound of the hounds calling like demonic banshees but LHP and Ginge stood quietly in the lorry whilst we waited for everyone else to arrive, remembering that husband had driven! Two cups of coffee later and three visits to the bush to get rid of said coffee we unloaded them both. LHP came off the lorry and stood reasonably quietly, Ginge on the other hand reared at the top of the ramp and LUNGED off, sadly landing on husband, knocking him out cold for a couple of seconds (Hes ok now). To quote an old equine phrase "hes never done that before". With husband dazed and confused and wondering what the hell "give us a leg up" could possibly mean, we climbed on board and stood out of the way slightly as LHP has slight aversion to barking dogs out hacking so 12 1/2 couple of calling hounds could possibly not go down too well! The demonic banshees were released (hence my face in first picture) and although he minced and circled a few times was very well behaved. Ginge on the other hand had a hound puppy come from nowhere and started licking his back legs, on a serious note, he lashed out and kicked the puppy. (puppy ok too). Appologies over, it was time to head to the first cover.
We stood in the first field and again, although LHP circled and minced he was generally very well behaved. Ginge... danced, reversed, danced, reversed a bit more and fidgeted around like Grandad at a wedding.
On the whole I was very pleased with LHP's behaviour for the two hours we were out. At the last cover Ginge decided to reverse out into the lane straight into the Field Master. Appologies once again, we decided to call it a day and head off back to the lorry so we could get Ricky Hatton ....sorry, husband, home for some rest. Well done Ginge on how to make a good first impression, gain friends and influence people. Good on you Twizzel for sticking with him.We are planning on taking them out twice a week now before hunting starts so all I can say is.... God help us all.
xx

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JenHunt

Visit site
well done LHP!!! sounds like Ginge is feeling a bit full of himself!

that's why I don't take Ron autumn hunting - he turns into a raving loony at having to stand about for so long when clearly we should be trotting at least!

Twizzel

Visit site
Well I couldn't have summed up the morning any better!! Oh the shame, I was mortified :eek: :( Must sort out reversing issue and steering before opening meet, roll on next time it can only get better!

LHP was fantastic considering it was his first time out, Ginge should take notice!

Simsar

Visit site
What a great post! Great pics too.

You lot deserve medals for all you have been through, blimey puts us lot to shame, amazing, I would have given up and sat in the corner for the rest of my life, no that's not quite true but you are true soliders (your husband and yourself) not Ginge and LHP!!!

Fantastic story. Can I just say LHP is lovely, and Ginge (we have a Ginge too) is very nice too. What are their summer jobs Ginge and LHP??

Simsar

Visit site
Well I couldn't have summed up the morning any better!! Oh the shame, I was mortified :eek: :( Must sort out reversing issue and steering before opening meet, roll on next time it can only get better!

LHP was fantastic considering it was his first time out, Ginge should take notice!

We love Ginge and LHP.x

Twizzel

Visit site
Fantastic story. Can I just say LHP is lovely, and Ginge (we have a Ginge too) is very nice too. What are their summer jobs Ginge and LHP??

Thankyou!! We love them... Ginger is a show cob when not hunting, this summer was his first season out and he showed a lot of potential. His last show was around June and then he went on holiday to chillax till end of August which has done him the world of good. Next summer more cob classes and we think he would be a cracking working cob too as his jumping is coming on fantastically at the moment. LHP we only got at the end of the summer but the aim is to show him next year in M&M classes :)

mastermax

Visit site
Simsar, Thank you so so much for the lovely reply. Its been a rough time of late with hubby but I think we are getting there! He is aiming to be out for opening meet. He has the big coloured, (the one in Twizzel's signature) and lives for his hunting. LHP is a little star and is taking over our hearts. Always been a TB & WB girl (Old Lady!!) in the past but due to losing my nerve and balance issues with MS, I never thought I would get out hunting again...so well done LHP.
Hopefully we will get to show him next year. Ginge is a show cob, or thats what I bought him for, but really only wants to hunt!
xx

Simsar

Visit site
Your very welcome.x

My friend Ginge does workers on her/bosses cob, they do very well, she won at RIHS this year! I can see your Ginge in the ring, that's why I asked thought he had some quaility!.

PS Warmblood! yuk!