Libra treeless saddles still around?

Nudibranch

Visit site
Stupidly, I binned mine a few months ago. Nothing wrong with it other than the seat was a bit tatty and it was taking up space. Am now regretting it as the new pony is ideal for messing about on while the big man is out of action once again. I can't get my backside into her treed saddle and the Libra would have been perfect. (She's a very well built Fell btw; I'm less than 20% and we're talking about pootling round the fields to keep her weight down between driving...so there's no danger of pony squashing.) Bareback is fine but she has an incredibly slippy coat and I'd like to do a bit more schooling type stuff.

Anyway I cannot find a second hand one anywhere. They used to be dead easy to buy. I'm talking about the "classic" type with the nubuck/suede type fabric. Anyone seen one for sale?

Jo1987

Visit site
It’s a real shame they’re not going any more, they were a great budget brand. Especially their bareback pads! I’ve sent you a pm, I have one I’m not using.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
you occasionally get very tatty ones for sale on eBay or the Buy/Swap Treeless saddles page on FB. I have an early hackabout but the panels need changing as the foam has got too hard imo (I was going to put some Ghost panels on it but then found a decent treed to use on my Fell).

The Best Friend bareback pads are grippy and cheap-used one on a roly Exmoor and a Highland

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I had one of their leather ones! It was the first treeless saddle I ever bought (on EBay), and I sold it on e-bay for more than I gave for it!

Nice uncomplicated little saddle, ideal for backing and/or riding youngster out with, also good on my very wide trad cob.

It didn't really give me a great deal of support though, and whilst ideal for schooling/general lobbing around hacking, wasn't really comfy for longer periods than about 45 mins, so onto e-Bay it went. Buyer came, saw it, liked it, took it away. Paid me more than I gave for it! Everyone happy.

Last edited: