Lice

Flora

Visit site
I have a livery that arrived before lockdown. She kept putting her arrival date off but eventually the horse arrived. Its not been out in the field and Ive been given excuse after excuse. They have now told me the horse has lice and has had for the last 5 wks! Luckily, it is in a stable block of 2 on its own. Do you think Im within my rights to ask her to leave as she was very underhand in what she has done? Also, is Virkon the best to use to disinfect the stables. Thanks

Flora

Visit site
Im annoyed that they knew the horse had lice and didn't say and brought the horse to the yard. If they can be underhand and do that, I don't think it is a very good start to moving to a new yard.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Im annoyed that they knew the horse had lice and didn't say and brought the horse to the yard. If they can be underhand and do that, I don't think it is a very good start to moving to a new yard.

This is true, but they may have been desperate to move and knew this would stop them moving? However if you don't feel comfortable give them notice to leave but at this moment in time it is going to be extremely tough for them to go anywhere.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
They won't be permitted to transport with any registered transporter without an emergency veterinary certificate at present.
I suggest you help them get the lice treated, get the animal turned out and tell them that any more shenanigans then you will give them notice to leave as soon as restrictions on movement are lifted.