LIDL Deals 24/1/13

BorgRae

Visit site
Well, both Blackpool stores are sold out now... But I got there in the nick of time!! New rug and saddle pads!! YAY!!!

So chuffed with my purchases!!!! Woohoo! :D xx

amage

Visit site
I must be the only person who thinks the fleeces are horrible plastic things as are the bandages. We got some last time and refuse to use them as they only sweat under them! Feral cats currently have them as a bed

MissChaos

Visit site
Leamington had a good few left in this morning - after I scampered in looking for a hay-ridden crush, the displays didn't even appear to have been disturbed :) Got saddle pads in each colour. Really impressed with them apart from the painted-on motif but at that price wouldn't dream of complaining and the motif looks like it might fade well anyway! Otherwise I'd never have guessed the price.

samisheen

Visit site
got to Folkestone branch at 9am and there was only one blue saddlepad left and 4 brown. plenty of fleeces though, got what i wanted so happy :D

lcharles

Visit site
Just went and got two of each, one is for my friend though. Plenty in stock in Gloucester. I got a few funny looks when i was trying to crush them into my basket with my bourbon biscuits!x

Natz88

Visit site
I have been chuckling to myself I just have this vision of going to a show taking my horse of with his fleece on to look around & see all these horses stood tied to trailers/lorry's with champion fleece rugs on :p

Visit site
I have been chuckling to myself I just have this vision of going to a show taking my horse of with his fleece on to look around & see all these horses stood tied to trailers/lorry's with champion fleece rugs on :p

I think that of my yard as told all the girls to go and fill their boots, should be on a Lidl commission scheme!

My one friend is skint so I said we can go half's and i'll have the bandages and she can have the rug as too big for my pony. £2.50 for stable bandages - crack on!!!

Will be funny to see how many horses of different shapes and sizes fit into the rug!!

Also love to know how much Lidl paid to sell off at this price....

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Thanks HHO or I'd have missed these. Got there first thing this morning, nabbed my fleece and saddlecloth and some for friends.

Ten minutes later the local horsey fraternity had descended and the whole lot had gone. Word spreads quickly doesn't it!

I got one last year but it awas too big for pony I had at the time, so I kept the bandages and gave rug to a friend (who was very chuffed). Am rather hoping that this year's will be a spot-on fit for current steed.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Leamington had a good few left in this morning - after I scampered in looking for a hay-ridden crush, the displays didn't even appear to have been disturbed :) Got saddle pads in each colour. Really impressed with them apart from the painted-on motif but at that price wouldn't dream of complaining and the motif looks like it might fade well anyway! Otherwise I'd never have guessed the price.

I wonder if that's some kind of socio-economic indicator? Obviously the horsey folk of Leamington are too posh to buy their gear in Lidl, whereas my local sold out in about 10 minutes :D We're a bit common, here!

MissChaos

Visit site
I wonder if that's some kind of socio-economic indicator? Obviously the horsey folk of Leamington are too posh to buy their gear in Lidl, whereas my local sold out in about 10 minutes :D We're a bit common, here!

Haha! Somehow I doubt that ;) but even if it was true, more fool them (pride's expensive :D). Was all ready for a real scrum and there was nobody horsey in sight. Bet there wouldn't be any more left on the way home, though.

TrasaM

Visit site
Thank you! Just been to Lidl and bought a pale blue saddle cloth and matching pale blue fleece. At £2.99 I'm sure I can make it fit ASBO cob :D
The first store I went to didn't have any but there was a bigger one just a few miles further on in Leicester and they had them. Only two saddle cloths left and I'm now feeling a bit mean that I didn't buy both :eek:

Natz88

Visit site
Can someone confirm the size of the rug as I need 6'0" minimum

My horses are all a 6ft in rug & I bought one of the fleeces & it's to tight around the front would be ok if you have a real fine horse. The fleece would be ok just to travel in or stand tied up with on, but I won't leave it on my boys for to long in stable or under rug as was tight :(

Tilda

Visit site
I bought a blue fleece set but as I expected the fleece was too small for my horse who comfortably takes a 6ft6 rug. Have sold it on to a fellow livery whose pony takes a 5ft

Tilda

Visit site
Sorry stupid phone fellow liveries horse takes 5ft 6 rug and the fleece fits perfectly. I kept the saddle pad though :D