Light, comfortable breeches/Jods on a small budget?

pixie27

Visit site
The Robinsons ones are pretty good, I live in mine. I think they do a lightweight pair for £12 too.

I tried the Decathlon ones and they were huge! At least 2 sizes up from normal.

If you search on ebay for 'check jodhpurs', they fit well and aren't too expensive either. I'm not sure what the brand is, but they come in brown, black and blue.

Mrs G

Visit site
You should try Aldi jodphurs too when they next do equestrian special buys; every so comfy and v cheap. I bulk bought last time and came away with 6 pairs for the price of one pair of more expensive makes!

Durhamchance

Visit site
I have a pair of robinsons breeches, but they're quite thick. I think they might be the competition ones.
Has anybody got any experience of HyPerformance? I've been looking at the brixton pull on elasticated ones.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I have a pair of robinsons breeches, but they're quite thick. I think they might be the competition ones.
Has anybody got any experience of HyPerformance? I've been looking at the brixton pull on elasticated ones.

I've got a pair of the hy ones. Though I can fit into the kids pairs 😂
Comfy and last too

Annagain

Visit site
You should try Aldi jodphurs too when they next do equestrian special buys; every so comfy and v cheap. I bulk bought last time and came away with 6 pairs for the price of one pair of more expensive makes!

This. At £12 a pair you can't go wrong. I won't buy expensive ones any more.

hlb93

Visit site

I have some, they're really comfy! :)

Durhamchance

Visit site
I've got a pair of the hy ones. Though I can fit into the kids pairs ��
Comfy and last too

Thank you, I can't seem to find any reviews on them, so it's nice to hear that from the horse (riders) mouth :)
This. At £12 a pair you can't go wrong. I won't buy expensive ones any more.

I'll keep an eye out for them coming in again, that's a fab price

I have some, they're really comfy! :)

I think they'll be my treat on payday!

pixie27

Visit site
If it helps, I just got an email from Equestrian Clearance, and loads of their jods and breeches are on sale, all under £20 :)

HyPerformance ones included.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Decathlon serve me well for daily use, I've also got some unbranded ones from ebay which are great, and recently treated myself to some legging type summer jodhpurs from Arion Equestrian. They're supper comfy and lightweight, think they were £18 and they've got two huge zip pockets for keys and phone when riding :)

Under-the-radar

Visit site
I stopped buying jods - I now get running tights! Our local Lidl currently has some in for £4.99, while Sainsburys / Tescos etc usually have some for about £8-12. I have recently got some really nice windproof ones (with an extra layer on the thigh for warmth / protection) for about £12 from Sport Direct. On top of that you can get loads of snazzy colours! ;)

The material does feel as though it should be slippy to ride in, but I have never had a problem with them being slippy, or with not having a knee patch on them. They are really comfy, much cheaper, fit (me) better and wash and dry much more quickly than normal jods. :)

mrswad

Visit site
I got some jods from Aldi - stretchy, comfy, nice fit & incredibly cheap. I've worn them a lot & they wash really well.

horsemum

Visit site
I ride in £6 leggings from Tesco!! Got fed up spending a fortune on proper Jodhs when I find leggings do the exact same thing, I now spend money on good quality jodhs for competing - saves me a fortune! They last pretty well too, and if they do rip I don't have a complete meltdown about it because they only cost £6!!

I thought I'd find it strange not having the padding on my inner knee but tbh I really don't notice the difference - goes to show I don't grip with my knees :p