Light up collars..which colour?

Roxylola

Visit site
If it lights up I dont think the colour will matter so much. I like to mix and match hi viz - currently I have a yellow tabard with a flashing red light strip on my back, over my normal pink tabard. Yellow leg bands and tail guard, a pink quarter sheet, and a blue light up breast plate.
The blue stood out very well riding in it last night so if you like blue go blue

EarsofaSnowman

Visit site
If it lights up I dont think the colour will matter so much. I like to mix and match hi viz - currently I have a yellow tabard with a flashing red light strip on my back, over my normal pink tabard. Yellow leg bands and tail guard, a pink quarter sheet, and a blue light up breast plate.
The blue stood out very well riding in it last night so if you like blue go blue
Can I ask what brand / where you got the yellow with red flashing lights? I'm looking for just that for running in the mornings.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
According to what I've read, the most visible colour on coloured lights in the dark is traffic-light green, next after that comes cyan. So I suggest the Neon green, surely any colour would look good on such a beautiful dog!
ETA Sorry, the link doesn't take you the specific colour, you have to choose Neon Green on their page to see it.

If you want blue, I think their Turquoise one looks closer to cyan, and more visible than their (in comparison) darker, ordinary blue one.

However, if you've already decided that the choice is between yellow, red, or blue, then I would say yellow, because I think their yellow is more visible than their blue.

Last edited:

BBP

Visit site
I’d go blue. I have neon green on my blue Merle and that glows really well, electric blue would be my other choice. Yellow and red are too similar to street lights and car lights for me, not contrasting enough to really grab the attention of a driver as being something different.

Bellasophia

Visit site
Keep them coming...if i walk out from my house we don’t have pavements...so it’s a colour that will be seen by oncoming cars ..the little schnauzer has a red flashing light on her harness,which is good for traffic coming up behind us..

Roxylola

Visit site

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
P dog has a yellow one that has 3 modes of flashing, as mentioned above, got it free in local feed store promotion 3 years ago. DH managed to lever it apart to change the non replaceable battery last winter.
It still shows up well unless she burrows to the back of the hay barn on a wet winter night after work, when I'm in a hurry ??

GinnyWeasley

Visit site
. I have a little red flashy thing which tends to bounce around on his harness causing a nice light display ?, I’d go with blue for yours I think it would look nice with the grey