Lightweight personalised travel rugs

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Morning all, could I have some shopping assistance please?

I'm looking to buy 2 lightweight travel rugs, personalised in my colours, with some added embroidery.

I don't want full Thermatex as they're too heavy for the summer but do like the look of the Thermatex knitted day rug (as I could layer in the winter). Having spoken to a very nice lady at the company I'd be looking at about £70 for each rug - that includes my colours, sizing and my initials embroidered in the corner.

I've also looked at Teviot Equine but they only seem to do the heavier weight (or they're really expensive!).

Does anyone have suggestions for other reasonably priced rugs please? Or views on the Thermatex knitted day rugs?

Thanks

Horsemad12

Visit site
I looked at the Thermatex knitted lightweight ones last week at VV (Sorry forgot to tell you!) and they were really very nice and a useful thickness.

Gamebird

Visit site
As you know I've got some personalised thermatex rugs and cannot praise the company enough (thought I'd say it in public). I would hurry up and order though, they'll take a wee while to do.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I have a personalised Thermatex and only tend not to use it when the weather is warm which still leaves 11 months of the year!

Horsemad12

Visit site
That's useful though, thank you. Are they similar to my green rugs (have you seen those?)??

Remind me what they are like?

The thin ones are pretty thin and quite a light knit. Perhaps a bit like your blue scarf? Useful for most of the year, I would think and as you said you could layer in the winter.

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Remind me what they are like?

The thin ones are pretty thin and quite a light knit. Perhaps a bit like your blue scarf? Useful for most of the year, I would think and as you said you could layer in the winter.

They are Thermatex but kind of a single layer of fabric rather than the quilted/layered thicker ones. They're the ones I won at the MK 3DE?

Gamebird

Visit site
Yes, cotton sheets. I wanted the flexibility to use them all year round (layering rugs underneath in the winter) and wanted tyo wash and dry them quickly and easily. About 3 weeks I think, though my memory's poor. They took a bit longer to do an exercise sheet, but that was over Xmas. I'll bring one on Sat for you to see, though I know it's not quite what you're after.

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Yes, cotton sheets. I wanted the flexibility to use them all year round (layering rugs underneath in the winter) and wanted tyo wash and dry them quickly and easily. About 3 weeks I think, though my memory's poor. They took a bit longer to do an exercise sheet, but that was over Xmas. I'll bring one on Sat for you to see, though I know it's not quite what you're after.

Excellent - ta!

deskbound

Visit site
The summer weight thermatexes are fab, you may not always use as a top rug (& so see the pretty hearts that I KNOW you're having embroidered, including diamante edging ;) :p :eek:) but a dead handy addition to ones wardrobe...

whizzer

Visit site
The lightweight ones are realllly stretchy,I had one but ended up getting rid on eBay last year. It was lovely but used to stretch so far back it would hang right off mines quarters & he would then poo all down it. Also it fixed at the front with plastic clips & the top of the 2 used to pop open when on longish lorry journeys.