Lightweight turnout without cross surcingles

Ginn

Visit site

Jo1987

Visit site
I would just get a lightweight with cross surcingles and get a rug repair place to modify it for you. Don't know of any lightweight rugs with a belly wrap like the ones in the links. Just out of interest, why don't you want cross surcingles?

Ginn

Visit site
That's current plan B! Was just trying to avoid cannibalising a new rug as I got rid of her old lightweight so need to buy a new one anyway.

Unfortunately she has a sarcoid right where the surcingles cross...

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
OP, I had a big ISH in early 2013 that had a horrid level 4 sarcoid right where cross over strap went.
I did 1 strap up as usual & then we cannibalised the other - twisting it into the other & stitching it on, so really only 1 strap done up.
Had also experimented with doing the front strap to front & sewing up the 2nd, that also worked well too.
Had another older rug when really cold, I just hacked off the offending strap & popped a roller over the rug. Not ideal but did the job :)
It did work for him for around the 8 weeks while he had to wear rugs till spring arrived & the Liverpool cream had done its job.

Jo1987

Visit site
That's current plan B! Was just trying to avoid cannibalising a new rug as I got rid of her old lightweight so need to buy a new one anyway.

Unfortunately she has a sarcoid right where the surcingles cross...

Oh that's a shame. I'd suggest a new 'Ruggles' lightweight rug and just bite the bullet and have the straps changed so they can be done up without crossing. These rugs stay put well so changing the straps shouldn't be too much of a problem, I beleive they are 1200d and not overly expensive so it won't be too painful to start modifying a brand new rug!