Lincoln Pony Trial report

Bella3puff

Visit site
So off we went to Lincoln on Saturday morning, fully packed for a weekend away in the wet with nearly as much clothes at kit for the pony.

Dressage - was still dry which was a plus and Amber went OK much better than any event last season but we are now trying to do BE116 teeteetee with Shoulder in, walk to canter and simple changes... Amber is not a one for the dressage but she is now getting there and after the dressage we were in 17th with 42.3 out of 30.

Show Jumping - Oh Oh Oh started by needing to be down there for a course walk at 4pm and meant to be jumping at 4.30pm we took Amber down in the pouring rain, they were then waiting for the last person to jump for 20mins (first agh) then cus of the bog which was now the SJ course the course builder moved all but one fence (great and glad he did but now running even later) so we did not jump til 5.30pm still in the pouring rain...... so down hill from now on 2 poles down and a slip in front of the only fence they did not move add 7 times shake them together we ended up with 19 faults (Oh Dear) but there was 5 worst than us and loads had faults so tried to put that point across to a very wet Beatle that ok it was not great but you got round and but for the slip would of been on 8 faults and most had that.

We were meant to XC course walk at 5.30pm with Jonquil (Team trainer) but cus by now it was running late and nearly dark that was cancelled till the morning at 7am

On the plus my OH Nan lives in Lincoln so warm house, warm shower, dinner etc was much better than some poor wet people in there lorries...... I did not sleep much worrying about the going etc

Walked the XC at 7am and the going was not good.... they moved a few jumps which was great and stoned all the take offs and landings but you cant make the going amazing cus it was just so wet....... I did the should we pull out in my head but we had ran Amber before in a bog and Beatle had hunted lots so thought will give it ago..... Told Beatle if she was going **** or had a stop to pull up..... so out the Pony Riders went 1 by 1 and not all were coming back.... Amber started in a normal hind leg start with the front legs off the ground more than I like but went when told..... I had OH on the course on his phone (how sad but I could then hear how she was going) and Mother on course to watch and make sure all was ok (not sure what she would do if she was not? out runs granny to help teeteetee not good thought). Amber was going great til the person before had a nasty fall so Beatle was stopped after the water (Thank God Beatle has read the rule book on the way to the last 2 events she seem to no what she was doing and even came back saying the fence judge stopped her with a flag that was waved low and not high as per the rule book teeteetee and said the fence judge was very helpful and told her what to do and gave her time to get ready for a restart) off she went again after her rest starting over the tank which was quite a big fence, I by now had ran down so I could see the middle part of the course which they jumped really well and finished fine with a clear round and me saying how much I loved the Pony (it may be a goat but a good goat) she finished with 6.4 time and ended up 15th out of 30 which after our **** SJ was not bad.....

Even with all the rain it was a good weekend and all the Pony Riders/Families are so friendly and supportive and everyone was so helpful and its nice doing events with lots of people in the same boat.

Well done Lincoln and :-(that the land looked so messed up but I’m sure a roller will sort it.

Link to few pictures http://www.beatlepayne.co.uk/index....117:20100320lincolnpt&catid=41:2010&Itemid=72

Cookie for reading or a Gin if thats your tipple

lizzieb

Visit site
It sounds like they did well given the conditions. I hope it's drier at Weston for you. I'm about 30 miles away and our ground is good at the mo but there is rain forecast this week :(

Optimist

Visit site
Well done! Onwards and upwards.

I heard there were a couple of nasty falls in the Pony Trial - were they all OK? Was it just the awful conditions or the common problem of going too fast?

TalaveraII

Visit site
I know outcome of one of the fallers in the PT, pony is ok, but jockey has broken collar bone. When Eventerlad's grey came back from the SJ on the Sat it looked like it'd been hunting, he was abs. caked after the XC.

TableDancer

Visit site
Gosh, well done Beatle :) FWIW the ground at Aldon was diabolical and they did very little overnight as they only had the pony section left to run over the N track on Sunday so kinda understandable I guess although I felt a bit sorry for all those little legs jumping out of a foot of mud in front of all the fences! Anyway, Ginnie K told me she'd heard it was even worse at Lincoln, so there you go... We had a much better weekend btw, not amazing on paper but very encouraging: just one mistake in the SJ and one XC - green pony greeen jockey syndrome, but soared over the trakehner so big smiles at the finish :D

Bella3puff

Visit site
Gosh, well done Beatle :) FWIW the ground at Aldon was diabolical and they did very little overnight as they only had the pony section left to run over the N track on Sunday so kinda understandable I guess although I felt a bit sorry for all those little legs jumping out of a foot of mud in front of all the fences! Anyway, Ginnie K told me she'd heard it was even worse at Lincoln, so there you go... We had a much better weekend btw, not amazing on paper but very encouraging: just one mistake in the SJ and one XC - green pony greeen jockey syndrome, but soared over the trakehner so big smiles at the finish :D

well done T I saw you had a good run that's great news, onwards to Weston now.

A x