Lincolnshire Peeps

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
Calling all Lincolnshire people...

It is looking very likely that I will be moving to the Spalding area at the end of the year or early next year.

Can you lovely people point me in the direction of the 'horsey' shops - feed stores and such like?

Also, what are the 'going' farrier rates? (Both trims and shoes?)

What places are there for shows/dressage locally? Any places to avoid?

Trying to plan things so the move goes well - grazing and stabling (once built) are all sorted (joys of a farmer OH!
laugh.gif
)

Its silly isn't it - I'm thinking more about what is needed to move the ponies than it is to move me!!!

miller

Visit site
Near me! Loads of local shows, loads of feed places, I pay £57 a set for shoes.

Dressage Sheepgate 40ish mins away, Sissons same, Elms Farm about the same, College approx 1hr, Manor Farm 40 mins

Feel free to PM me

kerilli

Visit site
near me too! Moulton Pet Stores does free delivery, all horse feeds, dog food, etc etc. very good range, very helpful, nothing too much trouble. have used them for nearly 3 years now and they're fab.
farriers... umm, depends who you use! not expensive imho.
Sheepgate has a big tack shop, there's a place in Spalding too which i've never used. Mark Fisher saddler is just outside Wisbech and is really excellent, good shop too.
Arena UK is just up the A1, not too far at all. Miller's right about the others.
pm me too if you want!
clipcloppop has just moved in close by, nijinsky is nearby, there's quite a little HHO coterie around here now!

kerilli

Visit site
ha, i've given up on you, M!
wink.gif
wink.gif

nah, not really!
i'll pm her and see if she's up for a coffee. she told me she has huge spiders, possibly mice, and mushrooms growing in her new house, so call me a wimp but i'm happy to offer my place for a get-together! if you'll give me an evening or two you might be able to make, i'll start a post and put the word out!
wink.gif

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Am in Spalding too, near to Miller & Kerilli.

My farrier is fab and I tried a lot before I found him, think I pay £60 for a full set of shoes & £20 for trims.

Plenty of feed & tack shops to choose from, I get all my feed literally over the road but there are enough dotted around in Kings Lynn, Spalding, Wisbech.

I use the same saddler, Mark Fisher & he's great.

A lovely haylage company very nearby and there are others that will deliver.

Plenty of small animal vets around but the equine vets are further out, there are 3 or 4 equine practices that do cover our area though.

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]

A lovely haylage company very nearby and there are others that will deliver.

Plenty of small animal vets around but the equine vets are further out, there are 3 or 4 equine practices that do cover our area though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hay is sorted - again the joys of a farming OH!!!
grin.gif

I hadn't even thought about vets
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Haha - ok - well you may have more customers then when you move down
grin.gif

Took me months to find a farrier that I actually thought was any good & a vet practice - not that I'm fussy or anything
wink.gif
I think most of the vet practices are 30ish miles away so call out can work out expensive unless you can share visits with anyone (routine stuff obviously).

tania01

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
QR
I'm moving not to far away - to Heckington tomorrow!
I'm petrified...

[/ QUOTE ]

That where i lived for 3 years,i loved it there,only moved back to Derbyshire end of last year.You have absolutly nothing to worry about everyone i met was lovely.

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
QR
I'm moving not to far away - to Heckington tomorrow!
I'm petrified...

[/ QUOTE ]

That where i lived for 3 years,i loved it there,only moved back to Derbyshire end of last year.You have absolutly nothing to worry about everyone i met was lovely.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, thanks
grin.gif

I know it's lovely there, we bought the farm in March and been adapting it for the move, so by now I now it's nice.
What I'm petrified of is THE MOVE
shocked.gif

6 horses, 40 sheep, God only know how many gubbins and I just don't know how on earth I'm going to manage
crazy.gif