Liquid rubber matting?

charlie55

Visit site
Anyone used it/heard of it? Just seen it on robinsons while looking for rubber matting... Never heard of it before.

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
I was at a livery yard years ago that used it. It was more of a rubber coating, it didn't have any notable thickness or give in it, and it took forever to dry, although that was probably the YOs fault as she was pretty useless! I would say it would work if you have slippy stable floors and wanted to make them more grippy, but other than that it was pointless.

rowan

Visit site
We have used it on two horsebox floors and works well haven't heard of it being used on a stable floor.

catdragon

Visit site
I have it in my mares stable. My fabulous livery yard had it put down after my mare kept pulling up her mats
confused.gif

In short, normal rubber matting was not good, it kept lifting (despite being glued down and seams sealed). After many many attempts including screwing them to the concrete...they were removed and the liquid rubber put down. It was installed by a company that also does coatings for dairy parlours, its nearly as thick as rubber matting and with no seams I have had no problems with it..can totally recommend it if you have a horse like mine who lifts normal mats..combination of pee and her "moon walking" we think caused the problem. But this is a totally sealed system so no pee ingress through it and no problem of the mat being pushed back, its ace
smile.gif

Just found their website www.quattro.org.uk

loulabelle

Visit site
We have used in on our trailer floor and works a treat.
although not sure I would use it in a stable as although it has some give in it over a small area not sure how much it would in a larger space.
Although I guess you would have to go on recommedation as different brands may be better than others x