Listening to the radio: Grenoside Equestrian Centre on Radio Sheffield

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I listened through almost to the end of the programme, when my nephew and niece turned up.

The people interviewed sounded really nice; very patient and helpful. The presenter was put on "Big Tom", seventeen hands and a bit.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I went up to Grenoside Equestrian Centre this afternoon and out for an hour through the woods. Nice, mild weather, not much wind, and the paths were a bit muddy but not too bad.

I rode on Big Tom, the Clydesdale that the radio presenter had ridden. I was warned that he was a bit green and could be "a bit forward when hacking", but he was fine. Very well behaved, good with the little bit of traffic we saw when we crossed what I think might have been Woodhead Road, and also with the few well behaved dogs and mountain bikers we met on the way.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Learnt to ride their when I was 4 years old and worked their till recently.
Glad you enjoyed big Tom OP, and the woods are lovely to ride in round here :)

conkers

Visit site
I did my YTS at Barnes Green. it was a fabulous place. Unfortunately, they had to stop their scheme because the funding wouldn't allow them to run it as they saw fit and we got transferred to a place at the end of the Parkway. The new place was terrible so I packed in horses and got a proper job.