Lister liberty or lister showman, which ones are best?

pc2164

Visit site
Thinking of buying some secondhand cordless clippers to replace mains ones? Should I go for the newer liberty or showman?

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i posted about my lister showman on another thread. ive had them for over 35 years and have used them to clip 2 or 3 horses twice a year. 2 of the horses were very hairy cob types and they have been very reliable. they do get a little bit hot when clipping the hairies so i clip for a short while then let them cool down.....my battery pack is pretty much on its last legs and is held together with tape but trace clipped my cushings horse recently with no problems....dont think they make them any more..

pc2164

Visit site
Thanks for the info. Some showmans have come up for sale secondhand and are about 8 years old. Not sure whether to splash out on the lister liberty deluxe.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Absolutely love my Lister Liberties. We also have them at work where they are used daily throughout winter and cope well. Probably clipping on average 2 horses a day every winter and never failing.

pc2164

Visit site
Wow that sounds good. I only have one horse  the deluxe pack is great value for money as it comes with trimmers too.

Jnhuk

Visit site
I have had my Lister Liberty clippers for seven years now and the battery pack has finally stopped holding a charge so am looking to get a new battery pack. However, there is a thread elsewhere on HHO about folks having problems with the battery pack lasting.

I think if you are only clipping one or two horses at a time, the Liberty will be fine unless you have a horse with a seriously heavy coat. If you need to more than two horses at a time, I would look for another model.

Last edited:

spaniel

Visit site
I used Showmans for absolutely years and theyve been amazingly good hardworking clippers. This time Ive gone for the Liberty and they are just as good, very slightly lighter in weight and the battery pack lasts longer than it takes to full clip a biggun. Having clipped horses for people and used their own clippers of many varieties I can hand on heart say the Listers are still the best on the market.

TheEngineer

Visit site
Liberty/showman, are probably the best battery powered clippers on the market. IMHO the showman was better, but no one has managed to equal their run time or reliability. The price is high, but you get what you pay for.