Little (big) Vinnie outing report with the worse clashyclashy ever seen!

millitiger

Visit site
Took Vinnie today for arena hire at Kings EC in Bromyard today; a nice way to ease him into the competition world gently.

He loaded and travelled really well and stood like a gem when we got there- so nice to have a horse that can be left on the trailer while you go to the loo, go and pay etc :)

Basic summary... he was fab :) :)

Warmed up really well and did some lovely work, didn't worry a jot about the white boards or letters or the flowerpots etc.
Mum sat in the judge's box at the end of the session and fed him polos from in there so I think he will be going down the centre line with very pricked ears when he does some dressage ;)

Oh, and the clashy clashy... I am having to use black stirrup leathers at the moment with my beautiful new tan saddle as waiting for new leathers to arrive!

Few photos from the video of today... will try and upload the video tomorrow as it is taking forever for some reason.

403881_10151310896339152_180351640_n.jpg

559247_10151310897244152_176629191_n.jpg

318860_10151310897349152_667281644_n.jpg

179912_10151310897414152_1577972664_n.jpg

479953_10151310897734152_1762263081_n.jpg

539724_10151310897954152_204444551_n.jpg

580964_10151310898094152_1397358452_n.jpg

He is jumping nicely at home now so next outing will be to a clear round or to hire some show jumps somewhere, really pleased with my superdooper pony :)

elliefiz

Visit site
Gorgeous horse! He looks very grown up and I really like how he moves- he looks like there is some big movement in that big frame of his!

millitiger

Visit site
Gorgeous horse! He looks very grown up and I really like how he moves- he looks like there is some big movement in that big frame of his!

He is starting to really grow into his frame now and the brain is starting to catch up too! He has huge movement; not that easy to ride as it's like sitting on a trampoline but it's starting to feel like 'home' up there now :)

He looks lush :)

Thank you, I think he is pretty gorgeous too!

Wow, he's massive! Very gorgeous too :)

*whispers* he is about 18hh now :eek: I thought we looked more in proportion in these photos though and he doesn't feel so big to me since I stopped riding Millie as well (a mere 15.3hh :cool:)

He is coming along so nicely :) The smile on your face says it all!

Thank you :) The smile on my face is after I said to mum that I can't wait until we go xc :D- he feels like such a powerhouse and his canter is so effortless that I am looking forward to letting him move on a bit over xc fences- just hope I am able to cling on!!

Sarah1

Visit site
Can I just say how jealous I am of your lower leg position!?! Feel free to share your secret...!
Gorgeous looking horse - how big is he?

BronsonNutter

Visit site
He is seriously lovely! :D

And the polo-feeding from the judges box made me laugh - just hope he doesn't expect polos off the judge when you take him out dressaging! Wibs once clocked on to the judge in the box somewhere and decided that he MUST go and say hi to them, so refused to halt on the centre line till his face was pressed up against the glass :eek::p

Lolo

Visit site
He's stunning :) He doesn;t look any smaller (the new Humunga Horse!?) but he looks more together and you look the right size on him :) Which means I am very jealous of how tall you must be, lol!

millitiger

Visit site
Can I just say how jealous I am of your lower leg position!?! Feel free to share your secret...!
Gorgeous looking horse - how big is he?

Thanks :eek: I think it is too far forward and my stirrups look a little short but hard to get them longer in a CC jumping saddle.
I have found my leg position has been much stronger since the new saddle arrived- I think it is so key to have the right saddle for you as well as the horse as my leg was all over the place in the Ideal I had!

He is a whisker off 18hh now :rolleyes: Not quite what I had in mind when I bought him as a foal!

He is seriously lovely! :D

And the polo-feeding from the judges box made me laugh - just hope he doesn't expect polos off the judge when you take him out dressaging! Wibs once clocked on to the judge in the box somewhere and decided that he MUST go and say hi to them, so refused to halt on the centre line till his face was pressed up against the glass :eek::p

I would prefer him to want to go to the judges box than be scared of it like my other horse, hopefully much easier to deal with :)
I imagine he will want to speak to the judges anyway, as he is so super friendly, he wants to talk to everyone when we're out :rolleyes:

He's stunning :) He doesn;t look any smaller (the new Humunga Horse!?) but he looks more together and you look the right size on him :) Which means I am very jealous of how tall you must be, lol!

He is feeling much more together and co-ordinated now; he has had some front shoes on and already the extra roadwork is making him much stronger.

I am only about 5'9-5'10ft so not a giant but I do have very long legs. I was pleased I don't look like a pea on a mountain in the photos :)
He feels much easier to keep together now I'm not swapping onto him from midget-Millie- he feels normal now.

dafthoss

Visit site
He looks lovely and for such a big horse he is making it look easy. Good luck with the next few outings :).

millitiger

Visit site
I like very much :D

Beautiful moving horse. Loving how happy you both look.

He is great, I always get off him with a huge grin on my face :D

He looks lovely and for such a big horse he is making it look easy. Good luck with the next few outings :).

Thank you :) His body finds everything easy, it is just the brain that sometimes gets left behind.

He is gorgeous! My type of horse. I must have missed previous posts what are you planning on doing with him? How big is he?

Thanks.
Long term planning to event, short term- get the jumping really solid and take him to some sj and arena eventing so when he starts eventing this autumn/next year, he has a super-solid foundation to work from as he can be a bit fragile in the brain :)

JB George

Visit site
Hi, just wanted to say what a fab boy you've got and i love his breeding. My retired NH boy is by Primitive Rising and as a sire, he really does pass on a certain short backed big bay type doesn't he. Good luck with him and i look forward to hearing how you two get on. I'm currently working on dressage/showing and getting the foundations in before i start on our proper jump training....can't wait! :)

emma.is

Visit site
Wibs once clocked on to the judge in the box somewhere and decided that he MUST go and say hi to them, so refused to halt on the centre line till his face was pressed up against the glass :eek::p

Just spat tea all over my laptop, I can just imagine a horse with his head pressed up against the glass eyeballing the judges...

OP's horse looks like a beast! Lovely chap

millitiger

Visit site
He is looking stronger and stronger! Lovely in the photos and hope the jumping goes well :D

Mum will be armed with the video for the next jumping session so hopefully I will be able to post some photos of that next :)

Hi, just wanted to say what a fab boy you've got and i love his breeding. My retired NH boy is by Primitive Rising and as a sire, he really does pass on a certain short backed big bay type doesn't he. Good luck with him and i look forward to hearing how you two get on. I'm currently working on dressage/showing and getting the foundations in before i start on our proper jump training....can't wait! :)

I love his breeding too, real old fashioned eventing breeding and proves you can get the required movement and scope without needing to add continental blood :) The brain is a little sharp but getting better all of the time and apparently the ones with this breeding can take a little time.
Look forward to seeing some photos of your boy?

Wow - wel jel' :)

Thanks, he is my little superstar :) I fully admit to rose-tinted glasses where Vinnie is concerned.

Just spat tea all over my laptop, I can just imagine a horse with his head pressed up against the glass eyeballing the judges...

OP's horse looks like a beast! Lovely chap

Sounds like a good job the glass was there and it wasn't an open fronted box otherwise they may have got in with the judges!

millitiger

Visit site
Hes lovely, massive though!! You must be quite tall as you dont look small on him?

Thank you. I'm only about 5'9/5'10ft so not hugely tall but do have long legs for my height.

He looks lovely, you're a good match (whether or not the tack is :p ).

Thanks, I feel like we are a match :) We have always 'clicked' and he is very much a mummy's boy.
He is just lucky I'm not 5'1ft otherwise we may have been a bit stuck with his refusal to stop growing!