Little bit of an update on our coloured contingent!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Our latest addition (last night) to the crew is Buddy ... who has made himself very at home in the few hours he has been with us! Our very first horse was an appaloosa ad we have had dalmations for the past 20 years or so - they are not terribly obedient (at least, ours aren't) and have a mind of their own (or should that be no mind!) but hey - who cares!

Dinger (The Humdinger) started off the year looking like this ...

Fortunately, he has reverted to looking more like this!

He also had some cushions made out of his sashes and rosettes by Ribonsettes - they are fabulous (and a superb present if you have loads of rosettes and don't know what to do with them!)
575922_592527850771332_1126693169_n.jpg

Dinger has won all of his coloured classes so far this year and we are looking forward to RIHS and HOYS - he has lost none of his enthusiasm for showing!

Has has been nominated for the Showing World Horse Personality of the Year - so if any of you would like to vote, please click on this link! http://www.showingawards.co.uk/ all votes very gratefully received :)

Dinger was champion at Bath and West a few weeks ago and won his HOYS qualifier yesterday in Derbyshire. HIs next outing is with me at Hickstead in a few weeks (no pressure then!) - the first time I have shown him since July 2012! I am assuming he knows what to do and I shall simply be the passenger :)

(Aidensfield) Rupert, the 5 year old coloured hunter, has had a fab season and has already qualified for HOYS (for his first ever time). We are expecting great things from him - he has a fab attitude as well as being the most beautiful horse :)

He is easily recognised by his slightly unusual roan bottom! (pic taken as a four year old)

FInally, we have Magic (Abracobdabra). He is NOT coloured, but is worth a mention as it has taken about 18 months to get him ready to go into the ring - some horses are long projects, but Magic is so cute and definitely was worth the wait!
WHen he arrived as a four year old

Last month as a five year old winning a novice class! (dreadful photo - he looks waaaay better than this in real life!) He is a carbon copy of our two older cobs Robocob and The Keystone Cob - we obviously like them dark and handsome!

We have lots of other new horses out at the moment - but as I am working full time in the office now I am not getting to many shows and therefore don't have any photos (useless, I know) - but hopefully over the next few months I will be able to take some shots.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Great to hear all your news.

Love the cushions, and the horses look wonderful.

I am :eek::eek: at magic. You've certainly got the most fantastic eye!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Thanks AM! Even when Magic was very poor, you could se what a lovely front he had on him - and he has very good limb (difficult to see from the photo) so it was all there!

mil1212

Visit site
Ohhh a spotty dog, I have one of the naughty creatures too, glutton for punishment :D
Love his teddy bear!
I do covert those ribbon cushions, I unfortunately could do with some impressive rossettes before I could consider one :)
I love Rupert, seriously hoping he isn't in my coloured class at RIHS, what unusual colouring. As for Magic, he just looked like such a shaggy pony, what a transformation.

legaldancer

Visit site
Really enjoy your updates. Loving Dinger's Mohican!

And fascinated to see the transformation of Magic. Hope Buddy settles in well - how old is he?

miss_c

Visit site
Loving all of them as always and not at all jealous of the gorgeous horses... no not all... never... ever.... *cough*

I hope the team have an AMAZING RIHS and HOYS! :D (Please give Dinger a hug from me!)

winchester

Visit site
Well done for Derbyshire! Loving the Hunter he looks like a lovely ride but Dinger is still my favorite, he was shining in the Sunshine! (Shelley with Winchester D) xx

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Thanks Shelley! I adore Rupert but Dinger is still my fav ... see you at Hickstead in a few weeks? I am fed up with missing all the shows and not seeing anyone :(

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
Wow on the transformation! Just wow! Can I be nosy and ask a question? Was this horse sourced for you and bred for the job with an amazing pedigree? Or did you randomly stumble upon him?

I saw your Keystone Cob win his class at the weekend at Somerford. In a strong class, he was stand out and the winner from the start. Absolutely beautiful.

My friend has the same cushions and they look just as good in the flesh too.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I voted. I adore Dinger, he is my fav hho horse.

I agree, you guys really do have a fabulous eye. Magic looks super and I would never have seen it. And the ruppy is super cute :)

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Wow on the transformation! Just wow! Can I be nosy and ask a question? Was this horse sourced for you and bred for the job with an amazing pedigree? Or did you randomly stumble upon him?

I saw your Keystone Cob win his class at the weekend at Somerford. In a strong class, he was stand out and the winner from the start. Absolutely beautiful.

My friend has the same cushions and they look just as good in the flesh too.

Thanks for your kind words about Eric (The Keystone Cob) - he is a sensitive soul so not always easy to produce :)

Magic was not bred for the job with an amazing pedigree - he was spotted in Ireland (as so many cobs are) totally in the rough. I won't pretend that every cob we have bought in the rough comes through as a top quality HOYS contender, but if nothing else, they all get a good start to their working life and given the chance to go on and have fun.

And thanks for the Dinger votes - they are all much appreciated :)

bouncingbean

Visit site
Beautiful horses, the transformation of magic is incredible, good work!
Best of luck for your upcoming shows, I bet the horses look even more beautiful in the flesh.
Buddy is adorable, love his mini-me teddy :D