Little Foaly after a few weeks with pics

Flash_28

Visit site
Hello

As some people I know I rescued Foaly from being sent to the meat man. He has been home for a few weeks now and had his 1st bath yesterday so was an excuse to get the camera out! :D He has only just learnt what hard feed is in the last few days so should start to pick up a bit quicker now that he is eating properly. Love to know what you all think.

Drowned Foalio

Foalysbath001.jpg

Foalysbath002.jpg

Dry Foalio

Foalysbath004.jpg

Foalys1stBathPose.jpg

Foalysbath006.jpg

Lastly comparision photos.

When Foaly arrived

FoalysArrival004.jpg

Foalio yesterday

Foalys1stBathPose.jpg

angrovestud

Visit site
Well done your doing a super job you should be very proud of yourself how come he was heading for meat if you dont mind me asking?

Flash_28

Visit site
Well done your doing a super job you should be very proud of yourself how come he was heading for meat if you dont mind me asking?

Thank you so much for your kind words. He was going to go to the meat man as his previous owner couldn't afford to keep him anymore and was unable to sell him either. He was transported over from Ireland where the situation with the credit crunch is quite bad, so I paid the meat price for him.

Very impressed with the progress so far - well done!

He is a lovely chap and looks so honest, he is lucky to have found you x

Thank you Holly. :) He really doe have a lovely nature and not nasty at all.

well done, huge progress, how could such a lovely boy be heading for the meat wagon, its criminal x

Thank you so much! It is quite awful the types of horses being sent for meat. Foalio has quite good breeding too so is even more of a shock that he was going to be sent there.

gadetra

Visit site
Aww he's lovely.
Well done with him-he's greying out an everthing-Crusing to the fore there!!
Good luck with him-keep us updated on his progress!!

Miramis

Visit site
Wow he looks great! Well done on saving the wee lad's life and giving him a future, im sure you will reap the rewards!

Keep us updated as he grows :))

Ang x

Gingerwitch

Visit site
What on earth would they have got out of him off the meat man - a keebab?

Poor poor little mite - how did you get him?

What do you plan on doing with him? he looks a little cracker.

Whats his name "luck of the irish"? or Fortune cookie?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I hope you are proud of your achievement, he's come a long way already even though there's still a long way to go. He's also going to be one smart cookie, your sympathy has served you well!

Flash_28

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your replys. I am at my desk at work looking like a right sap and almost in tears at everyone's kind words. I am so very proud of my little Foaly already :)

Aww he's lovely.
Well done with him-he's greying out an everthing-Crusing to the fore there!!
Good luck with him-keep us updated on his progress!!

Thank you :) The 1st photo I saw of him he was a very dark bay and I was actually moaning to my mum that I had the only Cruising baby that wasn't grey! I was actually in the process of saving up for a grey Holstein as I really love greys but then I found Foaly and saved him. You could imagine my surprise when he started to turn grey! It's fate that I should have saved him.

That is rather sad, because he looks a nice sort with his whole life ahead of him. Wishing you all the best with him, I dont think you will be disapointed.

Thank you so much. Foaly does have quite good breeding so I was surprised to find out where he was headed too. His mum is a Grade A broodmare or something. It was very sad to think that at his age he was facing such a dire future. But now he is just stuck with me! ha ha

Wow he looks great! Well done on saving the wee lad's life and giving him a future, im sure you will reap the rewards!

Keep us updated as he grows :))

Ang x

Thank you Miramis! Also I'm far too proud of my boy and stuffing photos and updates down people's throats so I think you may all get a bit bored of hearing from me! :D

Flash_28

Visit site
What on earth would they have got out of him off the meat man - a keebab?

Poor poor little mite - how did you get him?

What do you plan on doing with him? he looks a little cracker.

Whats his name "luck of the irish"? or Fortune cookie?

Thank you. He is still quite underweight but has put on a little bit since turning up. Also when the transporters picked him up they kept him at their own yard in Ireland for a week and started feeding him ad lib hay to get his condition to pick up for the journey. Since arriving home I have wormed him and in the last few days he has learnt what hard feed is now so we should start seeing more of a difference in his weight.

I found him on a rescue organisation website. I was thinking of rescuing an ex racer from ireland but he had already been rehomed and I promised myself I wouldn't look at any more. Then Foaly was added and the rest is history :) If anyone would like the name of the rescue organisation then please feel free to PM me.

Hopefully in the future I would like to get into a bit of eventing or showjumping. That is the plan. He does have some very nice paces as he prances round the field :D

His stable name is Axel Foaly as for ages I was just calling him Foaly. He doesn't have a registered name just yet. I need to think of 4 options and then send off his passport. I have thought of one so far for him.

What a difference already :) He's a very lucky man to have found you. Can't wait to hear how he progresses.

Thank you so much :)

I hope you are proud of your achievement, he's come a long way already even though there's still a long way to go. He's also going to be one smart cookie, your sympathy has served you well!

Thank you Maesfen :) There is still a long way to go and we are having to take things slow as he was unhandled when he turned up. There is a local show in October with another local rescue place that I am aiming to take him to. There is a best rescue class and best youngstock that I would like to try and get him to. If we don't then there is always next year! :D

Flash_28

Visit site
Well done, he looks great!! He was obviously well behaved to bath aswell which is good :)

Thank you Tempi :) He was good with the bucket and sponge to wet him and LOVED the shampoo bit but hated the hose and put up quite a bit of a fight. Gives me something to work on :) While he was wet we did notice that he is covered in lice eggs. Couldn't see them through all the dirt in his coat bless him. So now have be go treat everyone for lice :(