Little Mattingley Report

gingerparkin

photobucket.com
This was our first BE event after my broken ankle incident last year.

Our dressage was awful but my poor horse badly needs the dentist and I have had problems getting one out. He was just hanging onto the right rein and didn't really want to do it at all so we came out with a 46.8 our worst yet!

We then had ages until show jumping so went off to walk the course, it was a really nice inviting course only the corner I thought may cause me a problem (just my fear of them not him). Got back to box, happy to see Fe was still tied up and had not gone off for a wander. Waited ages until I could show jump but finally was able to tack up and get over to the show jump area, he warmed up really well and jumped a fantastic round just tipping one pole.

Then had a change of clothes and headed off up to the xc, now the nerves were really setting in! He warmed up well so off we went up to the start box! The steward lady told me that a lot of horses had been looking at fence one so to really ride into it and he flew it, by fence 6 I had stopped feeling sick and we were cruising. Jumped in and out of the double well and then onto the water, trotted through nicely and now came the corner, I thought sod it and decided to go for it and he flew it, that was it from there I rode with a big
smile.gif
on my face. We popped around everything clear and I came through the finish feeling fantastic. He was such a star, now all we need to do is learn to gallop!
grin.gif

The 2 pics I got of the xc

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/ging...x/FelixMatt.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/ging.../FelixMatt1.jpg

Thanks to Teapot for coming to watch with Jo!

lizzie_liz

Visit site
well done, there were quite a few people who were having problems all over the course, we were fence judging 6 and we had 2 people fall off there.
and a couple of peopl fallin off between 7 and 8 when going round the flower garden fences up there.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
do did we when we arrived so we were surprised that there was as many stops as there were. didn't bode well when the first horse stopped at it! but it did give us some entertainment! if horses were having problems at 4 then there was a good chance they would have a problem at 6!

lizzie_liz

Visit site
thats always very handy and i see you need a dentist out, ave you managed to get one otherwise i know someone who may be able to do it. he is based in hampshire and has been great to ours. let me know if interested

BBs

Visit site
Well done
smile.gif
what a lovely day you had and a real confidence boosting round
smile.gif
after your ankle insident last year
frown.gif

I cant see your pictures
frown.gif

Nice to read an eventing report again - well done, where are you next
smile.gif

gingerparkin

photobucket.com
We are off to do a RC team event at the end of Aug and then going to West Wilts at the begining of Sep and then Berks College at the end of Sep (dreaded place I broke my ankle).
FelixMatt1.jpg

FelixMatt.jpg

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Fantastic photos, well done! We did our first intro a few weeks too, my dressage score was worse that yours
blush.gif

That will have been a real boost for your confidence, good luck at your next one!

Lisa x

lizzie_liz

Visit site
lovely picks, and that is what the corner looked like! never got to see much of the course just heard all the problems over the radio.
remember seeing you jump our fence as have same saddlecloth as you.
good luck with the rest of your events