Little Miss Weimy is here!

Shady

Visit site
And what a sweetie she is:)
And what a surprise we had when we collected her!
The couple were really nice, with a lovely house and a huge fenced garden and plot behind for the dogs and puppies. They also have kids, sheep and cats, so dogs and pups were started with a lot going on around them.
I was more than happy with that and then I looked properly at the mums pedigree and realised that she was Ode's sister:eek::eek::):). I couldn't believe it . Odes was one of 3 pups and the girl had already left when I went to choose Odes ( who was Nickel originally). Such a wonderful surprise and in fact Frank (vet breeder) came down from his mad hilltop home and checked all the pups, vaccinated and chipped them, as they had also kept in touch with him over the years. Ours was his last Wem litter due to his cancer, but although not a well man, he is still working a little and wanted to see the pups. Bless him, he only charged them the barest minimum to cover drugs cost. A 4/5 hour round trip too. Such an amazing man .
So to little Freya, who will become FeeFee for sure unless we choose her a different name. I almost want to say it now as it rolls off the tongue a little too well:eek::D
Wow is she different to the boy Weims. They were both out and about from day one like mini dogs, she is a baby who wants cuddles all the time and does the licky face thing which I ordinarily don't encourage but she is soooooo gentle and so sweeeeeet ( shame face). She's nicely confident and so far has not messed in the house at all and lets me know when she needs a pee. Bit upset last night as I decided to cage her, but slept solidly for nearly 5 hours and went out happily first thing.
Odes isn't quite there yet but I can tell he will be in a few days. He's a bit worried about her and definitely a tad put out , however he didn't react to her suddenly diving into his bed before I could grab her, so i'm sure all will be well. So weird and freaky that she is his niece!!

So here she is ( again ). She's narrower in the head than I thought she'd be but now I know her connection to Odes this doesn't surprise me. It'll widen but she's going to be more modern I think. She's a lovely colour , inherited from the dad ,which might not show. More silver grey than Odes, but that might change too.
Not a great selection, but as you can see the Gremkitties adore her already, as do I :)
puppy and kittens in bed 001.JPGFreya pup first day 032.JPGFreya pup first day 025.JPGFreya pup first day 036.JPG

Shady

Visit site
Shady she is absolutely beautiful and that’s coming from a cat person ? I hope you have many long years of fun with her, she sounds a sweetheart.

PS the Gremkittens are also very beautiful and looking so grown up now.
Thank you Lindy :):)
The Grems are completely nuts!. I love them so much and seeing them playing with Freya is amazing.
Do hope all is well with you and the cats . xxxxxxx

Books'n'dogs

Visit site
What a lovely little girl! I haven't seen a Weimaraner since my neighbors who had one moved 12+ years ago; I always think they are one of the most striking looking of dog breeds and am shocked they are not more popular, though that is probably a good thing in the long run!

My brother owns the niece of my dog and it's been a fun experience though my Willow frequently wants to disown any and all familial relationship to Meadow!

SAujla

Visit site
She is gorgeous, she looks so gentle and loving. You should post more pictures she's a real beauty

Shady

Visit site
Can I just quickly sincerely thank you for all your lovely comments:)
I had a bit of a horse crisis just after I posted and am waiting for the vet.
I looked out the window and thought uh oh Mr P, the Spanish lump, is not looking too happy. Que panic as I could see it was renal colic for the first time in over a year. Gave a finadyne for pain and thankfully he didn't progress to a full on attack, tho it looked a close thing. I'm really upset about it as my normal product wasn't delivered and disappeared god knows where, and I had to buy a lesser quality locally and re order. I'd like the vet to check him and maybe give him a little extra help .
I'll come back on later :)

Clodagh

Visit site
Can I just quickly sincerely thank you for all your lovely comments:)
I had a bit of a horse crisis just after I posted and am waiting for the vet.
I looked out the window and thought uh oh Mr P, the Spanish lump, is not looking too happy. Que panic as I could see it was renal colic for the first time in over a year. Gave a finadyne for pain and thankfully he didn't progress to a full on attack, tho it looked a close thing. I'm really upset about it as my normal product wasn't delivered and disappeared god knows where, and I had to buy a lesser quality locally and re order. I'd like the vet to check him and maybe give him a little extra help .
I'll come back on later :)
Hope he’s ok

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Mr P, the most badly, or aptly, named horse ever! I hope he's OK Shady.

Shady

Visit site
Hope he’s ok
Thanks Clodagh , and yes he seems ok, thank god. He is the bane of my life, but I do love him dearly .

And as to Odes being an Uncle, I am so chuffed about it. He has a super character and the pups mum was very like him in both character and looks, just a bit smaller and a little stockier. Not as pretty as Odes, especially in the eyes but I liked her a lot. The dad was amazing in character, very long and much more athletic than his photo's suggested. Super laid back and actually a good match with the mum to produce nicely balanced pups.
She's fast asleep in her bed by my feet at the moment:)

Shady

Visit site
Mr P, the most badly, or aptly, named horse ever! I hope he's OK Shady.
Thanks ycbm. Jesus but he's well named ! he was his usual awful self for the vet but we got the meds in eventually . I do not know what happened to this poor horse in Spain but somebody should have been strung up for animal abuse. He literally shakes and tries to hide when any of the vets come and we always have to twitch him for an injection. He just goes mental and it's not fair for the vet or him actually. We can do anything with him now , including injections when it's just us, but he has only ever let one vet deal with him and he can't come this far now.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Oh wow, she's fabulous. So exciting that you finally have her home, and that she is Odes' niece ??

Enjoy the puppy fun xxx

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
She is scrumptious! I foresee loads of fun with the grems ?.
Hope Mr P is OK poor boy, he landed on his hooves with you to give him the love and care he never had.

Chiffy

Visit site
Congratulations Shady, lovely puppy and such fun that she is a relation. All my flatcoats are related to each other which I love.
Great photos and what amazing cats!
Hope your horse is ok.

Shady

Visit site
Can I group thank you all again please. You're a great bunch :)
So many lovely reply's and i'll be here all day if write what i'd like to say to each of you and i'm blimmin knackered this morning!.

F was more upset last night and took longer to settle. For those of you who like Weims and consider them for yourselves, i'll say this. They are velcro dogs and you must get the balance right between loving them and making them comfortable on their own. It's hard as they want to be with you all the time, but separation anxiety is a real issue with them and an unhappy or bored Weim is not fun to live with.

I made myself ignore her and she eventually slept and was absolutely fine this morning. No mess again and straight out for a pee and poo. I already know she is going to be harder work than the boys and more destructive , which will be a first and you can forget any of my previously smug comments about outside being better than my personal possessions . Watching her drag off my wellie for a good chew after being in said place proved that. She then dragged all the extension leads and plugs out from under the tv and attacked the hearth rug like it was a mortal enemy ! So clearly i'll need eyes in the back of my head and a different approach with her. Ah well, I like a challenge ( sobs quietly ). Can't blame anybody but myself .........and Mrs Mozart...... damn her moto !:D
She is now asleep. Phew I can do some work.

On a different note
Food . I can't believe how much of the shitty Royal Canin I've to give her if I go by their feeding instructions. Nearly 300g a day. It's a huge amount by my reckoning compared to Arden Grange which is about 175g. No wonder she is so fat. I think I'm going to reduce it a bit and start mixing in the AG over the next few days. Yes or no ......?

Ok off to work. Have a good day all of you and thanks again for all your lovely comments :) xx