Little Miss Weimy is here!

Shady

Visit site
Have fun making the house puppy proof Shady and just to say I hate Royal Canin with a vengeance! Definitely change her over!
I did sort of puppy proof the house based on the last 3 , but clearly I need to strip it and do minimal for a while! I have never seen such focus in a pup. Not even the Bleu de Gascogne showed such determination to seek and destroy ! Little monkey:)

Yes I dislike RC and never use it for the cats either. The ingredients suck and all the patent bollox.. yeh right. Her poos smell really weird, sort of chemically and she is doing too many . She looks absolutely fine but i'm pretty certain she needs less, but of a better quality.

Shady

Visit site
What a beauty :) Im hoping ours settles with the cats just as easily, lol!

Im so excited :)
:):) Excited for you too Ant!
Skinny cats have been amazing
Big flufter cats have taken to the barn for a while and Freya's reaction to the biggest was hilarious. She hid behind Robs leg and then peered round it to track Eeps across the kitchen. I think there will be more respect for him than for the Grems:D x

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
lovely pup, i would just change gradually to whatever you prefer to feed. my pup was on pedigree chum which i thought was too rich for her and i changed her to what i fed as soon as i could..

hope your horse is ok

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
She’s beautiful.

Definitely bin the Royal Canin, I don’t understand it’s popularity. A breeder I know asked them about their use of BHA/BHT and they said they used it. ?

Archangel

Visit site
OMG, totally adorable ??? and look at the kitties ???

tenor.gif

Moobli

Visit site
She is absolutely beautiful and I am sure Odes will soon come around to the idea that Freya is going to be his best buddy. The Gremkitties certainly seem to like her.
Have you had bitches before? I had had males for years and then got my current bitch two years ago, and what a wake up call lol!

BlackRider

Visit site
Just checked AAD to see if there was any news on puppy and she's here!

Freya is just beautiful!!! and the gremkitties are just gorgeous.

Please keep the pics coming :)

Hope Mr P is ok again after giving you such a scare xxx

Shady

Visit site
She is absolutely beautiful and I am sure Odes will soon come around to the idea that Freya is going to be his best buddy. The Gremkitties certainly seem to like her.
Have you had bitches before? I had had males for years and then got my current bitch two years ago, and what a wake up call lol!
I've been trying to find 5 minutes all week to respond to you and BR and something always interrupts me . So i'm going to write really quickly this time and add some puppy photo's at the same time:)

Jessie was female but i'd never even had or wanted a dog before her and then one day I saw her as a tiny pup and that was that. I hassled the old hunter for her and eventually the poor old begger just gave in months later . He always said she was special in character and build and I clearly benefited from both as she was a joy from the moment I took her home. So easy in every way and I never knew they weren't pets here. That is a tragedy to me as they are wonderful in ways you can't imagine. The only thing that took a long time was recall if she got a strong scent, but we worked it out in our own way. Her strength and stamina was incredible and it was very interesting comparing her to a male Weim. Not a lot between them really in size and chest depth but she could outpace them easily and the character was worlds apart. She was very focused when interested in something but so much more independent, calm and confident. Also way less arsey ! Weims want to rule everything and are more manipulative and sneaky than you could possibly imagine! also very loving and sensitive, so training them to not be proper aholes is , ummmmm, interesting?:D
Here's Jessie for you. This is the first time i've been able to post a photo since we lost her recently. It makes my heart hurt looking at her but I should have shared one before as you were all so kind.
jessie 001.JPG

So to little Miss Freya who is thankfully asleep.
My god she's a handful when she decides on something. The possessed puppy moments are quite something. A new one for me and you all have my deepest respect and sympathy if you have been through them!
She is however completely adorable and very smart . It only took her 4 days to work out the cat flap. Now I never know where she is and if I lock it there is invariably a cat looking at me pitifully from outside that hasn't worked out it can come in the kitchen window.
She's only done 2 wee's in the house and never at night. Both the accidents were really my fault.
When she's not trying to destroy something she has a super soft mouth and is very loving. No problems with food or her bowl, quite the opposite in fact and I personally like being able to take anything away at any age, without risk of being bitten.
I gradually mixed in Arden Grange Giant Puppy with the RC and her poos immediately improved, as did the smell. She's currently on a 60/40 mix. She's growing very quickly and has changed a lot just in this time. She's longer and leaner, also rather pretty !
I feel she is going to be more of a challenge if she really wants her own way ,but we'll see.

Best of all is that Odes has fully accepted her and I love watching her follow him around and curl up next to him on the sofa. He won't take a lot of puppy biting but just tells her off with a particular pitched bark and it seems to work . The Grems play with her all the time, but won't tolerate it too rough and let her know when they've had enough.
So all in all we are doing well and we both love having her around. Like most puppies , she makes us laugh every day and makes us wonder what on earth we were thinking of. Bruce Willis's Die Hard character's most famous saying often springs to mind .. i'm too old for this s**t
Hey ho :D
puppy on terrace again 003.JPGpuppy on terrace again 006.JPGpuppy on the terrace 004.JPGpuppy on the terrace 007.JPG

Shady

Visit site
Just checked AAD to see if there was any news on puppy and she's here!

Freya is just beautiful!!! and the gremkitties are just gorgeous.

Please keep the pics coming :)

Hope Mr P is ok again after giving you such a scare xxx
Hello you :):)
How's that gorgeous little Pippin coming along?
P is thankfully well again...phew

I took a fantastic photo of Freya, but it's on my phone and I don't know how to post. It was a little dark and nothing really came out well except for her eyes, which were bright blue and I thought, christ i've got a White Walker:eek::eek::D
xxxx

Clodagh

Visit site
Jessie was beautiful. BITD when we used to go hunting in France we stayed at a hotel in Compiegne. It was a very hunting based hotel and a French couple used to stay at the same time. They had a couple of French stag hounds, so different to our English ones. So tall, and amazing ears. They could clear the cheese table in one gulp and I remember the chef having an enormous (justified) Gallic hissy fit when they got in the kitchen and stole that nights Cote de beouf steaks.
Anyway, they remind me a bit of your Jessie.
Little Miss Weimy is so gorgeous. Enjoy!

Shady

Visit site
Jessie was beautiful. BITD when we used to go hunting in France we stayed at a hotel in Compiegne. It was a very hunting based hotel and a French couple used to stay at the same time. They had a couple of French stag hounds, so different to our English ones. So tall, and amazing ears. They could clear the cheese table in one gulp and I remember the chef having an enormous (justified) Gallic hissy fit when they got in the kitchen and stole that nights Cote de beouf steaks.
Anyway, they remind me a bit of your Jessie.
Little Miss Weimy is so gorgeous. Enjoy!
:D:):) Thank you !
They are all gorgeous , especially the big Gascons . Jess was a tri colour GBDG, the only one in the litter as far as I could tell. Most are blue , ie mottled grey, which were better for slipping through the forests and I can testify that they are indeed difficult to spot.

BlackRider

Visit site
Hello you :):)
How's that gorgeous little Pippin coming along?
P is thankfully well again...phew

I took a fantastic photo of Freya, but it's on my phone and I don't know how to post. It was a little dark and nothing really came out well except for her eyes, which were bright blue and I thought, christ i've got a White Walker:eek::eek::D
xxxx
Pippin is doing very well thank you - although the lounge is now known as bunny alcatraz, as the bunny proofing has had to be ramped up due to him being so tiny (he had a dog crate at first and managed to squeeze through the bars!).

Beautiful pics of Jessie - she looks like a wonderful person inside and out.

Freya is just adorable - love the pic of her with Odes, looking forwards to lots more pics xxxxx
PS glad Mr P is behaving :) xxx

Shady

Visit site
Pippin is doing very well thank you - although the lounge is now known as bunny alcatraz, as the bunny proofing has had to be ramped up due to him being so tiny (he had a dog crate at first and managed to squeeze through the bars!).

Beautiful pics of Jessie - she looks like a wonderful person inside and out.

Freya is just adorable - love the pic of her with Odes, looking forwards to lots more pics xxxxx
PS glad Mr P is behaving :) xxx
Bunny alcatraz?:D:D
I could seriously do with a big puppy (prison) pen for Miss Freya at times. She comes to life in the early evening and is then like a child who doesn't want to come in from playing.
It's really lovely having her though and we all enjoy her company (most of the time!) . Rob took this earlier whilst I was working in the nearest field. It was too bright really, but it's a nice 'family' photo :)puppy and cats in field 012.JPG