Liver tonic

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Your vet would be the best source I think. When April had acute hepatitis last year she had a liver tonic that contained milk thistle (which I still feed in herb form today). Red cell is also a good boost. Depends what the problem is really, but I would seek veterinary advice if your horse is under par.

ktj1891

Visit site
Your vet would be the best source I think. When April had acute hepatitis last year she had a liver tonic that contained milk thistle (which I still feed in herb form today). Red cell is also a good boost. Depends what the problem is really, but I would seek veterinary advice if your horse is under par.

He was like this winter 2012 and he had bloods etc nothing came of it so gave him milk thistle as per vets instruction and as spring came he was back to normal. I think he just gets a bit low this time of year. Going to order milk thistle and will look at that red cell.

BBP

Visit site
Definitely depends on the problem. Red cell contains massive amounts of iron which I was told to avoid at all costs for my horse who's liver enzymes were high. He gets milk thistle but I would absolutely no way feed him red cell.