Liverpool International Horse Show - tips/advice for visitors

Kat

Visit site
I'm going tomorrow for the afternoon performance. Haven't been before, thought it would be nice to go somewhere different having been to HOYS and Olympia before.

So any tips for a first time visitor? How early should I aim to arrive? Is there lots of shopping to get round or not much? Is it best to take some food and drink or are there good places there? Is it very hot/cold in the arena?

Thanks!

MrSmith

Visit site
We went to the dressage evening yesterday (first time I've been) and thoroughly enjoyed it. We arrived a 3 hours before the show and enjoyed a leisurely walk around the shopping plus spent some time watching the warm up ring (which is in the same place as the shopping). There's a pizza van and a burger, hotdog, fries van plus sweets and chocolate fountain. There's also a small restaurant. With a couple of hours to go there were big queues to get into the shopping area so I'd get there early.

The arena is pleasantly warm, you won't need a coat in there.

Have fun ��.

wish upon a star

Visit site
We got there around 11 today which was plenty of time to look round before watching the classes all afternoon. There wasn't much in the way of shopping, didn't buy anything but alright for a nosey. Not allowed to take food and drink in and they do check bags but catering vans were ok. Just a nice temp inside, was happy in a thin long sleeved top.

Kat

Visit site
Good tips thanks!

Glad to hear the temperature is okay, hate it when it is boiling in the shopping and freezing in the arena.

Reckon we will arrive by 11, maybe a bit earlier if traffic and parking is ok. Sounds like that should be ok.

Good to hear about food. Planning to take some snacks but will leave them in the car and buy a burger or something.