Liverpool Wood Pellets good/bad experiences please :)

Dizzydusty

Visit site
I use stovies wood pellets and get a tonne delivered about April time, store them out in the garden on the pallet under a tarpaulin and they are fine. Last year my tonne lasted all winter. I deep litter and to be honest unless there was a bit in his stable that was evidently wet, I didn't lift the wet bits. I find that it needs the moisture from the wet bits to form a base for the bed. I found that it didn't go sopping wet or stink like shavings do, and all I did was skim the dry stuff off about April/May time and lift the rest.

My horse is in a 12x 12 stable that also has rubber mats, however he is very habitual in where he pees, poos and sleeps so I dont need a full bed in his stable, I usualy do half and he is fine (hes a 15.2 cob).

I think I was about £230 inc delivery from Stovies (www.hotstovies.com) but shhhh I did say they were for burning and paid the lesser VAT...the pellets are exactly the same as the ones sold for equestrian bedding.

Escada2004

Visit site
when i ordered mine, i just said they were for horse bedding and what is the price all in and they gave it to me, so havent a clue what VAT i paid! ALl i know is i was honest about it :) i used 10 bags to set up the bed and then top up with one bag a week but dont soak the top up bag, just mix it in with the bed. Now and again i have put a half bag in each stable but thats it. 1 tonne is approx 67 bags so should nearly last a year for one horse! Mine are in every night and out in the day. I would imagine i will use a little more in winter as they will be in more but definately made the right move from straw! My horses rugs etc dont smell and nore do i when i get home :)

Escada2004

Visit site
its certainly not like a big fluffy bed but i still love it, hardly any waste, the horses and rugs are clean and its so quick to muck out. I have rubber mats under mine so have it about 4 -5 ins thick and little banks around the outside. I will probably make it a bit thicker for winter when they are in more but we will see how it goes :)

Ali2

Visit site
You can buy by the bag rather than the ton but it gets expensive. If you've got storage space then by the ton is way cheaper. I bought a ton of bags last winter, collected them myself and put them in the garage. I'm only just running out now but I use them under a shavings bed and deep litter it. Mine worked out at £2.80/bag :)

corton

Visit site
Great experience!
but make sure you order and anticipate them to arrive 5 working days later.
They use a seperate frieght deliverycompany and sometimes not as reliable as would like, but liverpool wood pellets I really recommend.
Bedding lasts FOREVER. we have got the same 1tonne batch all summer with 4 horses on it.
CHEAP AS CHIPS!
PS - the babies x 3 are bedded deep litter on straw not pellets as they are real messy.
GO FOR IT

Bennions Field

Visit site
Toffee, i use wood pellets on both matted and non matted stables, the only difference i would say is that the non matted stable has double the thickness of bedding, this allows the under layer to bed down over a week, i only lift the poos and dig the wet out at the weekends. the matted stables are cleaned daily but still only take 10 mins max for 4 stables. i do have one very disgusting horse, who to be honest is on rubber mats and a springling of pellets, i then just gut the stable each day. i've tried all sorts of methods/beddings with him and he's just disgusting on them all :(

to start the non matted bad off i used 15 bags of well soaked pellets, slitting the bags and adding water is one way or just to sprinkle the pellets and then spray the hose over them, you will be amazed how much water it takes to get them to break down - but they still soak up loads of wee after, they really are as good as they sound :)

supplier wise, i started with LWP but wasnt impresed with the courier they used, so switched to corley wood pellets, and was really impressed, think they cost a slight bit more but only a few quid, certainly less than 10 more. very good pellets and better quality as far as i was concerned.

best of luck

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
That's interesting

I was quoted approx £250 from LWP delivered 1 tonne 68 bags 15 kg bags
CWP are £270 delivered but look cheaper per bag because their bags are 10kg so there would be more on the palet but are still a tonne of pellets, and not 15kg, I think thats write unless I'm being really stupid lol

Mrjacks0n

Visit site
I also have used them for about 3 years i had hiccups with my first order and have had apologies and no problems since, over winter last year i wanted a bigger bed and banks and used shavings and pellets to form a good winter bed, all i use know is 1 bag pellets and half bale shavings a week it gives a bigger bed and the pellets still absorb the wee better than shavings alone, great product