Liverpool

Missidi

Visit site
I've just moved to Liverpool for University and I'm missing horses very much! Has anyone got any ideas/tips on how to get some horse contact? Places to volunteer? Work? Where to find a share? A Facebook page to join? Places that run events to watch/volunteer at?
I'm also currently without a car, so tips on where might be fairly accessible by public transport would be great.
Basically I'd be grateful for any insider knowledge!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
There are often events at Aintree arena you could watch or volunteer at.
Look on Horse Monkey for events there or other places in the area, it lets you search by distance.

abbijay

Visit site
When I went to uni many moons ago I started volunteering at an RDA group that I could get to on the bus. Definitely worth looking into to get your horse fix without having to spend money. I don't know the Liverpool area but if you go on the national website you should be able to find out what groups are in the area (Find your local group).
Also, check if your uni has a riding club which offers subsidised lessons and organised transport. Mine did but they were a bit snooty if you didn't have a string of ponies at home and weren't in the running for teams.

benz

Visit site
There's a rescue place called Shy Lowen in Bootle, they also do kids lessons, fun days, equine therapy etc, so they may be looking for volunteers and should be accessible by public transport

Lexi_

Visit site
You could also check out Palace Ponies in Toxteth - they may want some volunteer help.

The uni riding club is your best bet though. There aren’t that many yards accessible by public transport - the shares that pop up tend to be out near Melling/Formby one way or nearer St Helens the other way. Not sure about the Wirral but there are some posters on here based over there so they might be able to suggest options.