Livery around Sheffield

silvershadow81

Visit site
Just wondered if those in and around Sheffield could recommend any decent livery yards in the area. Would want 365 day T/O

Names, location, prices and links would be fab if possible!

Both full and DIY considered

:)

Thanks xx

Horlicks

Visit site
I would say no to any increase - he's taking a liberty. You say that you are happy haying the other lady's horse and doing all the organising etc but it sounds like you financial demands are as tough as hers - hard as it seems unless she increases her time and financial contribution you'd be much better off somewhere else. Maybe together you could go to the landlord and discuss the increases and your reluctance to pay unless he works on fencing etc. good luck have been in a similar situation and it wasn't easy.

silvershadow81

Visit site
Im not too sure yet :-/ I work there, have done for 4 years now and commute from Essex...
The long dark wet drives are making me wonder if its easier to just relocate, but wanted to know what was about. Im currently very lucky and have mine at home so i need to feel that things would also work well up there. Ive seen a few properties with land and stables, but also wanted to explore livery options and explore the costs. xx

MardyMare

Visit site
Howarth Lodge - just off M1. jill is great. My horse went there specifically for rehab after surgery and only required limited turnout before I took him home so cant comment about 365 day t/o. Give Jill a call.

link :

http://www.howarthlodgeliverycentre-southyorkshire.co.uk/

Slightly further out from sheffield - also just off M1 is Parklands if dont mind the riding school - there is outdoor and indoor and tack / feed shop on site. I have competed and shopped there but not stabled so again cant comment on turnout. Phone and speak to Sammy.

http://www.parklandsequestrian.co.uk/

silvershadow81

Visit site
LOL @ Horlicks!!

MM - thank you very much! i will take a look at those. It would be hard going back to livery, so want to make sure it is going to work out for the best.

thanks again x

Bethie

Visit site
What do you actually want in terms of size of yard/facilities/hacking/competitions? To be honest, Sheffield isn't that great for competition level horse keeping (just guessing from the pics) but the North side has more yards and stuff going on than the South (I'm down on the South side...). It can easily take an hour to get from one side of the city to the other at busy times so you don't want to have to cross the middle if you can help it! Have a look at Bromley Farm (Wharncliffe Warmbloods) and Pennine Equine for yards with good facilities.

silvershadow81

Visit site
Lovely, thanks Bethie!

I couldnt do with a drive like that each day to the yard! My girl is 24 now, so not too worried about competing! Would be good to settle somewhere where in the future i could compete again (cant afford another horse at the mo!)

Ideally i'd want her at home again (dosnt everyone!) ill pop those yards on the list (im just super organised and like to know all options available!)

Thanks again xx

RFS

New User
Visit site
Hi,

I have recenlty moved to Sheffield from down South. I live in S11 and had my horse in Dore for a while, but the turn out was VERY Limited! I have just moved him to the other side, between Grenoside and Oughtibridge, Woodland Trail Equestrian. It can take between 15 - 25 mins from home but is 5 mins from work, and as I seem to work more than I am at home it's working ok. They don't do 24/7 turnout but they do go out everyday, all year round, or so i've been told and if we want to. Lovely hacking straight off the yard into the woods, big stables in an american barn and lovely menage.

I found that the South side of Sheffield, especially S11/S10/S17 there wasn't much to suit me. Or I've been put off my rumours of crazy yard owners!

If you need any more help just PM me.

Best of luck x

silvershadow81

Visit site
Thanks Annette, but it is not something i am planning soon.

RFS- that is all very helpful! Thank you. It helps to know what side of the city i need to focus on. I work in S4 so want it all to be an easy commute otherwise i may as well stick to my A1 commute!

It is daily TO i would need and the set up sounds lovely. I will move my search to that area for yards if i am unable to find a property with land.

Ive been lucky here, if i could just pick up everything ive got down here and move it north that would be perfect! (or just move my work down here!)

Thanks again and ill be in touch IF/ WHEN things move on :) xx