Livery at home

Leilah

www.freewebs.com
Hiya, just wanting to know what sort of prices you would charge, if u were me, for keeping liveries at my yard.... we used to keep 1 livery once but they were sort of a family friend so they didnt really pay for anithing more than feed/bedding etc!

brief description- its richmoind park, 25 mins away from central london, 7mins away from A3.
We have
*2 brick pony stables, with a further 3 12x12 stables being built (possibley more after that)
*a small paddock, split into a lunging area (mixed surface) and a small turnout area.
*3 tack and store sheds- bridle lockers etc. All saddles will be kept inside the house during the night.
*no arena- BUT we have use of a 50x30 arena 15mins hack away, as well a 2 grass/sand arenas 5mins hack away and 15mins hack away respectively....
*over 2500 acres of parkland to hack in.. amazing hacking

services i would be offering is part- most things but exercising and full with bascily everything included
feed/hay/bedding would be included in bill, with livery charge on top-- BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHARGE! lol so would appreciate some feed back! I won't be ready till sort of march april time, but just wanted to do a bit of research. im going to get legal liability/ publicliability insurance when im staarted too..

thanks- sorry about essay!!
blush.gif

Leilah

www.freewebs.com
oh ok lol- i know location is very very good, but its not like state of the art or anything- its a small private yard, neat and tidy and quiet for horses

£120 a week ok ok- im writing this down lol

any more suggstions? im just trying to work everything out u know

xx

Henmen

Visit site
Put it this way - I pay £130 a month JUST for stable & paddocks, shavings are £60 every 6 weeks, hay is £30 a month AND i have to do the work myself!!

vickers22

Visit site
with good hacking you can charge quite a lot. Mine is £52 month (just stabling) but it has no facilities, and is on a farm so can be pretty mucky!(however its only 4.50 per week for as much straw as you want
grin.gif
)If you have clean facilities and your paddock is well kept i would guess about £25-30?(per week)

Leilah

www.freewebs.com
aww lol my dad lives in peckham.... luckily the alrite side!!

ok guys cheers- i thought about £70 a week ponies, £90 a week horses- that includes everything like feed/bedding/hay etc- obviously extra feed/supplements etc would be charged extra price.

then id charge extra £10/£20 for full livery- which would include EVERYTHING apart from supplements and clipping??

does that sound resonable- i mean i dnt want to charge loads cos i knw some of the local riding schools charge extortionate prices- one charges £750 per month- and they have no area arena on sight, let alone turnout- u have to hack about 15mins. BUT then again i am doin this for profit!

xx

vickers22

Visit site
oh woops forgot its in london!!wouldnt have a clue!(thats y mine so cheap cos its in the country!!)soz for the dum answer!!

Leilah

www.freewebs.com
yeh thats the thing- tiny turnout, but prime location- they would be in most of time, but an hour or two a day is better than nothing i guess- its just on peoples preferences! we've kept horses there for 30 years and my jumping ponies and they all coped pretty well considering not much turnout.. but yeh its just wat people want!

xx

cazza

community.webshots.com
I think you were right nearer to the £120 a week. I used to have my horse on full livery in north london, had to book into the indoor if I could get in as it was a riding school as well, horse only got turned out for 1hour per week and it cost me £145 + VAT. I know Richmond well and I think you can afford to charge £120 per week. Don't forget you have Ham Polo just up the road so you may get some liveries as an overspill from there. Oh and BTW they are the best liveries to have
smile.gif

Leilah

www.freewebs.com
yes, i was going to charge about £110 for full livery and about £90 for part- thats just horses, ponies would be £70 part and about £90 full- yeh ham polol club is litereally about 15 mins hack away- i used to school on those little sand rings that were near it, as well as the ones on ham common- OH of course extensive hacking on ham common and ham lands aswell!!

well i think ive made my mind up but i still appreciate all comments etc thanks!
xx