Livery Charge

maisie

Visit site
Can anyone tell me what I should charge for DIY livery which includes use of floodlit menage, stable with rubber matting, turnout all year unless we are flooded (happens occasionally). I have no idea what current livery charges are.

StarFell

Visit site
I used to pay £20 per week for all that up here in Cumbria. I have the same but without menage now and I'm paying £15 per week

lochpearl

Visit site
I pay £105 per month but am in an expensive area and we have the cheapest yard. Most yards would be between £25-£35 per week. Depends on area you are in and what other competition there is for livery

LaurenM

Visit site
I pay £21.65 per week for a stable and option of either 24/7 turnout (YO puts haylage out for us) or bringing in each night in S.Wales.

It would be amazing to have a floodlit manage for an extra £3.35 a week! :) Our hacking is amazing though so I guess it's all swings and roundabouts!

Snowysadude

Visit site
Depends on whereabouts in the country you are and the size of the stables/menage/turnout etc but in Hertfordshire on our yard the smaller stables are £25 a week and the larger £30. We all have storage but complete DIY. Rubber and sand 20X60 flodlit menage but floodlights are £1 an hour in a meter :)

wellsat

Visit site
I get that and amazing hacking for £85 a month. There are alot of yards in my village though so it keeps the prices down.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
For total DIY I am charging £25 per week.
This gets the following:
12 x 12 stable on concrete yard (great for much of the year, not so in this snow tho!) Its under trees, so good shade in summer.
3 turnout paddocks (not shared) with post & rail fencing - to be used in rotation, totalling just under 2 acres. This is also ring electric fenced. 1 paddock has a shelter - this can have electric fencing put up by it, so horse owner can have option to use each paddock with the shelter.
Part hay barn storage (can get about 50 bales, plus rugs in there.
Part of feed room to store 2 - 3 bins
Room to park in yard, welcome to come & go as they please.

Fantastic hacking, no need to use roads if you dont want to.(I dont charge for this, obviously!:D )

Local outdoor schools in easy hack if you wanted.

We have no tackroom (I keep mine at home after break-in a few years ago) so any tack left in storage area is at own risk as old tackroom got pulled down about 4 yrs ago to make rom for bigger storage.

I am STILL moaned at now - as after 3 years, in the spring this year they decided to keep their 15hh out 24/7 and apparently there is not enough grass or acrerage, so they want more :(
They also want more storage and also a tack room..... for the same money. I don't think I'm being unfair in not supplying/building these for their use! Do you? (I'd be interested to hear honest thoughts)

Last edited:

bonnie93

Visit site
depends where you are, prices range from 25-35 in our area.
best thing do is go visit lots of yards in your local area (just pretend your looking for livery yourself :D ) then you can nosey at the facilities and how much they charge then compare with your own

corrie153

Visit site
when i had my boy in edinburgh DIY was £30 per week.
it had 12x12 stable, tack room, outdoor school with flood lights, use of all the show jumps, mixed grazing. it had 3 HUGE fields across a country lane which took about 2hrs to ride round them all so good hacking and also had access to the pentland hills.

That was the cheapest DIY in the area with those facilities. We had to bring in our own forage and bedding but we were each given an area in the hay barn for our own forage and bedding

aerodynamic

Visit site
We charge £25/week just for the stable, we have an arena, showjumps and a cross country course we charge for seperately and also if they need the horse bringing in/turning out etc...

Ted's mum

Visit site
I pay 26 pound a week, which includes hay/haylage, stable, turnout (24/7 in summer, in at night winter), and floodlit menage and I am in south wales..

sugarlump121

Visit site
Crikey I think mine must be one of the cheapest for what we get!

£95 pcm for own stable including its own tack room, fields of no more than 4 horses (but alot of horses in relation to land) and manage own field how you like,turn out all year for as long as you want, forge, common room inc kettle/ microwave, ladies/ gents loos, large outdoor manage, small indoor school, cctv and people live on site, on/ off road hacking... hmmm I do like my yard lol!

maisie

Visit site
Thanks for all the info everyone - this is in Bucks - it's 90% DIY, but the person in question who requires livery is a friend who will help me out with my horses as well - which I will need over the next few months as I am pregnant.

Suzie86

Visit site
Everytime there is a post like this I get sooo jealous!!

If any of you are in the Reading/Wokingham area please let me know!! Seems to be £120-£150+ round here just for diy!

Brandy

Visit site
I paid £25 per week for nice stable (wooden built quite new) on concrete yard. 4 stables per feed and tack room (plenty of room) on site hay, straw etc to be bought seperately.

Own field for seperate turnout but you could decide to share with another if you wanted.

Good fencing & prompr repairs, floodlit rubber school. Reasonable hacking.

The best thing - no mud!! Honestly. The YO would put road chippings (I think) on the walkways to the fields, and round the water and gateways int he fields. Resulting in being able to walk round in jod boots all year round if you wanted without losing one in the mud!

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
pay £35 per week no hay included
get indoor and outdoor schools
16x14 stables < i think :eek:
feed room, tack room ect :)
we get all year turnout but no one seems to put them out in the winter as they just stand by the gates in thick mud
and mine jumps out :eek:
hay and bedding obv come extra :)
it comes to about £250 per month [but should be cheaper this month as now have straw] so £225 ish? :)

EDIT: buckinghamshire oxfordshire boarders :)

Last edited:

Laura1234

Visit site
In Herts, I am paying £120 per month DIY - includes stable, turnout, use of menage, but lighting is extra, tea room/feed room/plenty of storage. think it is pretty average for round here.