livery charges?

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Would you mind telling me what you pay for the following services, we have been asked by a possible new client for some extra help, but am unsure what would be a fair charge.
Feeding two horses once or twice a day.
Rugging and turning out/bringing in.
All the above plus filling haynets, mucking out, in other words a sort of full livery without grooming or exercising.
We have a flat charge per DIY stable/24/7 grazing (£20 likely to go up to £22 very soon) and the above would be on a when the livery owner is too busy herself basis, so not every day.
I think rugging turning out would probably be 5 days a week unless she was on holiday.
Any advice much appreciated.

Luci07

Visit site
Thats part livery that she is asking for. I would see what the going rate is in the area, make the daily rate a little higher and stipulate (firmly) the notice period you require - i.e x no of days, not last minute. Also stipulate when you will NOT do it! (ie Christmas day). Might sound a little harsh but these things can cause grievances on both sides unless the rules are very clearly set out, up front. Not a bad deal if you will do it - DIY with back up - sounds perfect and not what is on offer on the majority of DIY yards I have seen!

WelshTilly

Visit site
Would you mind telling me what you pay for the following services, we have been asked by a possible new client for some extra help, but am unsure what would be a fair charge.
Feeding two horses once or twice a day.
Rugging and turning out/bringing in.
All the above plus filling haynets, mucking out, in other words a sort of full livery without grooming or exercising.
We have a flat charge per DIY stable/24/7 grazing (£20 likely to go up to £22 very soon) and the above would be on a when the livery owner is too busy herself basis, so not every day.
I think rugging turning out would probably be 5 days a week unless she was on holiday.
Any advice much appreciated.

Im on a DIY private yard and we pay £5 per horse / day for bring in, pick feet out, rugs off, breakfast, rug, evening feed, turn out, muck out, haynet, water etc this is of course on top of livery cost!!

If its booked in advance ie more than 4 weeks then we get 1 day free for every 7 booked its kind of an incentive to be organised!!! :D

Worth looking at the prices for assisted DIY OR Part Livery and see what they charge....

Last edited:

galaxy

Visit site
wow I'd love to be at your yard for that price!!!!

Around here day care booking daily (as in not regular) is £10/day. 5 day Part livery (so regular care) is about £80 which includes hay feed bedding etc....(7 day is £100-£110).

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
These are South-East prices so don't faint :D . My old yard it used to be £3 per turn out or bring in or £15 for 7 days. They used to be a lot cheaper but it was a big yard and I think they got cheesed off because as soon as the bad weather started they had about 50 horses to turn out and bring in so racked the price up. All morning feeding was included in the DIY price of £38 (now £40) per week as this meant there is less stress and destruction on the yard from door banging.

For part livery - i.e. everything but grooming, tack cleaning and exercise I've paid between £425 and £500pcm. Works out about £14 per day so prob £8 -10 per day on top of a DIY charge for a full days service.

Probably not much help considering you only charge £20 per week for DIY - I can't think where you would get stable and grazing for that price here!

phizzogs

Visit site
We have extras available on our yard
£2 per horse for a turn out or fetch in per time
£8 full livery day eg turn out, much out, feeds, haynets, fetch in put to bed

ihatework

Visit site
Around my way, thames valley area, part livery (everything bar exercise & grooming) would be between £90 and £120 per week depending on the quality of the yard.

Assistance on a local DIY is £6 muck/hay/water, £2 turn out & rugs, so £10 for a full day livery. For grass horses it is £3 to go out and check, feed adjust rugs.

Last edited:

be positive

Visit site
I charge £1 a day to T/O am I feed as standard anyway
£5 day for M/O hay water etc but only do a basic m/o
I feel this is fair as brings total for 5 days to £55 a week with the owner providing feed/hay/bedding.
5 day part livery £70 -£80 depending on size