Livery contract

juliette1968

Visit site
Just got the livery contract for our local yard where we hope to keep our new horse. It mentions that the owner must waiver the yard's liability for personal injuries and injuries to the horse. Is this standard for this type of contract? Thanks

Equi

Visit site
They’re trying to cover their arses in case anyone ever claims for something on their property. I’d be asking if they have proper insurance..

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
This sounds exactly like a yard in my area!

This is what they do.

I know of an instance where someone's horse was injured there through their basic negligence (they left something in a dangerous condition and didn't repair it), and the owner was faced with a huge vets bill as a result.

Personally I would avoid this sort of place like the plague.

Shay

Visit site
You actually can't waive liability for personal injury. Its really common on disclaimers and I'm sure puts a lot of people off that type of claim. But actually it means little to nothing in court.

I wouldn't personally worry about the claimed waiver. Lots of poeple think they look good and stick them on without relaising they have so little weight. But I would want to see care & control insurance, 3P indemnity and employer's liability.