Livery costs

billyncameo

Visit site
Daughter planning on taking horse to university. All very much thought through and I wouldn't support her if I didnt think she could do it! Practicalities of equine companion and equine experience is just as important a consideration as the course to be honest! Just wanting to get an idea what Diy livery costs are around different places for arena and stable with decent hacking, really just to find out which are the more and less expensive areas as it all helps to build a picture along with open day visits and looking round the area...
Swansea
Bath
Nottingham/Loughborough area
Southampton
Brighton
Canterbury
Guildford
Thank you!

Shay

Visit site
Close to Guildford you are looking at £200 - £250 absolute minimum for DIY, stable plus arena. You might get down to £180ish for grass only if you can find it. You might find it drops if you move out from the Uni but it then becoems a matter of how far you want DD to have to drive each day.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I’m currently at a diy livery less than 10 mins from centre of Guildford for £167 a month which includes womer 😊. Feel free to drop me a pm for more details

MissTyc

Visit site
Brighton ~ £25-30/week DIY livery. There's a few places on the bus route, but most likely she'll want a car (which can be hard to park in town/campus, but not impossible). If mobile, then tons of yards near the universities to choose from.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Swansea tends to be wet and limited winter turnout but its one of the cheaper places to keep horses. If you pick your yard carefully the hacking out is utterly amazing! Its been a few years since I lived there but they were charging £55 a week for full livery when the equivalent yard in Buckinghamshire was charging £120 a week.

kc921

Visit site
Brighton area on grass livery I pay £92 a month
DIY Stables are £130 a month
Includes off road hacking, sandschool and a jumping school

Peter7917

Visit site
Southampton varies greatly but I know a DIY yard who only charge £20 a week. They do however have some 30-40 horses in a field together.

Norm more around £35-40 a week.

billyncameo

Visit site
Thank you everyone gor your input! Need to narrow it down a bit by university and where it can be best to make it work, then I will be contacting some of you for more information/contacts.