Livery Debts - companies that help to collect them etc

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
Ok, maybe a long shot but,
i once read a post on here that had a link to a website whereby if you have a debt to collect, you pay them and they send letters etc?
I'm going back maybe a year or more here that i read it so i doubt i would find it via a search.
If anyone knows of such a company or one that you coud suggest i would be very grateful if you could let me have the link etc.
Thanks

TicTac

Visit site
Why don't you go to the small claims court. It will still cost you but you only have to fill in one lot of paperwork and they do the rest ( if my memory serves me right) You still might not get your money back but the people you are suing will get a ccj if they dont and a bad credit record. Just a thought.

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
Thanks, the ex livery is no longer in the country though so may be tricky.
it isnt thousands we are talking about but i just dont see why she shoud get away with it! I had her two horses on full livery for months and she just paid me DIY cost when she had a terrible family death. I didnt mind, i would do it for any of my liveries in that situation but for her to leave owing hundreds is like her sticking her middle finger up at me!
(left whilst heavily pregnant, had a lot on her plate with moving etc she had paid up but then the horse couldnt travel due to bad weather hence ended up staying a while longer)
I've had a look at some places online and they seem to do what i am after but from memory the one mentioned before had been used with success etc. Even after paying collectors fees etc we should still get quite a bit back, not sure about if they could 'force' her to pay though with her no longer being here. She has promised time and time again thats shes going to go and pay it into our account but never does.
frown.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
If she is abroad you can forget chasing her for money.
If she has an address here or assets then go for it.
There is a firm of debt collectors in Liverpool who guarantee results.
I can't find their address right now but google and see what comes up.

kerilli

Visit site
can't you contact one of her relatives and get her details, say that she probably doesn't realise that she still owes you a bit because of the delay in her horse leaving, etc etc. start by being really nice and understanding and see if it gets you anywhere, really.

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
We have her address, and she has kept in touch to a degree! ie letting us know when her baby was born etc. But she never actually gets around to paying it. I think IF she had an offical letter, she would get it sorted!