Livery for the less than perfect horse?

Vetwrap

Visit site
Can anyone help? I'm starting to look around for house and yard over in Warwickshire, around Lighthorne area, but I don't know where I am going to find a yard to take my horse, either on DIY or part livery basis. He windsucks, not constantly, but will do so after eating. (He has gastric ulcers).
Any thoughts?
My ideal would be a lovely, friendly yard offering lots of turnout, a manege and fabulous off road hacking. I know, I don't want much!
Thanks in advance

Marmalade

Visit site
Have you found anywhere yet? PM me if you like, I have just done a whole tour finding the right place for my horse so know what's about. But, am leaving a yard in Lighthorne (because I'm moving house) which is totally laid back and has all year turnout and good facilities at a reasonable price. The arena isn't the best but rideable for most of the year. The hacking from the yard is great - you do go on roads but not main ones and you can get off them without going too far for long and short rides.

jirist

Visit site
Have you found anywhere yet? PM me if you like, I have just done a whole tour finding the right place for my horse so know what's about. But, am leaving a yard in Lighthorne (because I'm moving house) which is totally laid back and has all year turnout and good facilities at a reasonable price. The arena isn't the best but rideable for most of the year. The hacking from the yard is great - you do go on roads but not main ones and you can get off them without going too far for long and short rides.

Do you have more information about this livery ? :)
Thank you

JDW85

New User
Visit site
Pipers Hill Farm fits the bill for hundreds of acres of off road hacking - as well as access to some great bridleways, and they've got a nice menage and do all year turnout. Don't think they do DIY, but certainly do part livery, and it's a lovely quiet yard - mostly horses in to break so not too many comings and goings. Owners live on site. Contact details are on their website http://www.hbequestrianltd.co.uk/1.html .