Livery in Bedfordshire

EddieB

Visit site
Hey,

Please help, I need livery for one in Bedfordshire with herd grazing or option to restrict needed and I am happy to consider anything from DIY to 5 day livery depending on distance from my house. It would be lovely to have a school with some kind of lighting but it seems to me that not many places have lights around here? I would prefer to be within 15 minutes of Bedford due to where I work the Ravensden/Thurleigh end would be easy for me but I would like to hear from anyone with any ideas.

Anyone?

Ta.

EddieB

Visit site
It isn't TOO far but further than I would like really. Also wouldnt touch it with a bargepole but thankyou EmsHooper :) anything else you can think of?

Orson Cart

Visit site
I can think of a few places on the MK side of Ampthill - but that would probably be too far for you.

How about Wootton? I have no idea if there are spaces, but next to the bridleway by Wootton School there are quite a few fields with stables ... might be worth tying some notes on gates around there?

May I ask why you wouldn't touch Wilstead? PM if you'd rather - I don't know anyone there, but am always interested to know people's opinions ...

The woman I share our yard with has moved her horse recently from somewhere around Bedford. If you would like, I could ask her where she kept hers?

Ems
xx

Orson Cart

Visit site
You could also go and enquire at the equine shop on the Flitwick/Steppingley borders. Can give you directions if you don't know where it is. She often carries details of local liveries going ...

Ems
xx

EddieB

Visit site
You could also go and enquire at the equine shop on the Flitwick/Steppingley borders. Can give you directions if you don't know where it is. She often carries details of local liveries going ...

Ems
xx

I dont know that feedstore that would be helpful, I could head out there.

Orson Cart

Visit site
I dont know that feedstore that would be helpful, I could head out there.

Am going to presume you know my neck of the woods and direct you from Ampthill ...

Go through Ampthill to the roundabout between Ampthill and Flitwick that has the Shell garage on it. Turn right at this roundabout and then left at the roundabout immediately after it. Follow this road all the way to the end, where it meets a crossroads - go straight over crossroads and the equine store is about 20 yards down the road on your left ...

HTH
Ems
x

EddieB

Visit site
Am going to presume you know my neck of the woods and direct you from Ampthill ...

Go through Ampthill to the roundabout between Ampthill and Flitwick that has the Shell garage on it. Turn right at this roundabout and then left at the roundabout immediately after it. Follow this road all the way to the end, where it meets a crossroads - go straight over crossroads and the equine store is about 20 yards down the road on your left ...

HTH
Ems
x

Ah I think I do know it actually, but havent been there for a very long time. Thanks for the reminder x

Joss

Visit site
Not very good at Bedfordshire geography but there is a very nice yard at Gravenhurst (very near Silsoe). No idea if spaces. PM me if necessary:)

EddieB

Visit site
Thanks Joss but Gravenhurst would be over half an hour away so to far.

So far I have crossed out Backnoe/Wilstead RS/Sunnyside/Gravenhurst/Tinsleys

I sound fussy but these are all crossed out for different reasons I know I will have to compromise but they all have something missing or to far away :(

Odd Socks

Visit site
I don't know if vicarage farm in kempston has any vacancies, they have ménage, round pen and small xc course and herd turnout. At least they did when I was there. May be worth a go? Alternatively you could ask at box end animal feeds as they'd probably know if your looking at that kind of area?

loopylass

Visit site
Try contacting Backnoe End at Thurleigh - if Sharon can't offer livery, she'll probably be able to recommend someone locally. If Backnoe End have been crossed off then there's always The College EC at Keysoe - they do livery. Failing that, put up an advert in local Post Offices of the villages you'd like livery in or near and I'll bet you'll get a good response.

Last edited: