Livery in bishop burton / beverley

c-bx

Visit site
Hi all,

I am starting at Bishop Burton college in september and am taking my horse with me. I am looking for a livery yard in the local area as I dont know the area at all! I would like part livery idealy! I don't want to keep her at the college as they do not offer any turn out and she currently lives out! Don't think she would appreciate the change!

Also, do not want to bring her home every half term so need a yard where it is diy/part but option of being on full every so often while i go home as i live in Surrey!

Any help is much appreciated!

TigerTail

Visit site
There is Park Farm at walkington which is about 5 mins from the college. Willow Farm and South Cave which would be 20ish mins - v lovely highly recommend them.

Personlly wouldnt go near Bleach Yard ;)

JustAnotherNeddy

Visit site
Considering what nearby (bishop ect) they are very thin on the ground around here. I live in Cranswick near Driffield and there are more around here. Depends how far your willing to travel and what facilities your after ect.

ticktonhallstables.co.uk have just set up their equestrian centre at the Polo club for public use. Amazing facilities there. Thats just the other side of Beverley.

Around Driffield, theres a few like TemplesFarm and Skerne Leys. Id ask if someone could put up a wanted ad in the local tack stores, then you have the nicer private yards with spaces rather than the commercial (full of kids) places that are well advertised.

If you aren't after top notch facilities but a nice yard to be on then www.molineuxyard.co.uk is at Wilfholme.

Theres the well known Aike Grange Stud (home of the Fry's Dressage team) fairly nearby too.

If theres anything else i can help with then just PM me. What course are you going to do at Bishop??

c-bx

Visit site
Thanks so much for all your help! Contacted a few and think I have found one!

Im doing equine therapy and rehabilitation BSc so a 3 year course, so need a yard that I can stay at for 3 years, though she will come home in the holidays :)