Livery in Chelsfield

BexleyBarn

New User
Visit site
Hello,
Does anyone have the contact numbers for Bluebell Farm in Chelsfield kent, or any other yards in Chelsfield?
Thank you in advance

starfish8

Visit site
I can't help with chelsfield specifically but I can recommend a yard not too far from there if you would be interested - its maybe 15 mins away. I'm a livery there.

cowgirl16

Visit site
Can't help with the phone number I'm afraid BB, but this post took me back - about a gillion years ago I used to ride at Chelsfield Riding School, think it was run by a lady called Val, she had a nasty goose called George, I used to ride a lovely buckskin pony called Viking. Is the riding school still there?

cowgirl16

Visit site
Yes! it's Jan not Val! If it's the same Jan I remember - she must be rather old now. Is she an elderly lady? If it's the same Jan - she's been running that place for donkey's years!

cowgirl16

Visit site
I was there around that time too - wonder if we know each other? I can remember being pinned up against the wall by that ruddy goose - then a dog called Beau - an Alsatian I think - owned by one of he ladies up there who's name escapes me - jumped on George and saved me! Anyway - one day I was talking to Jan about George and his short temper, and she said - whilst cuddling the demon bird - that he was actually really nice and just wanted to be my friend. Hmmm yeah right. So she said to me - the next time you see him approach - say hello George, and stroke him. I wasn't convinced, but decided to give it a try. The next time George set his beady eyes on me and started to advance - I put my brave pants on and said Hello George - and walked directly up to him and smoothed him. And do you know what? He loved being fussed! and thereafter he was never a problem to me again! I got a lot of admiring glances from people after that day, as I would make a point of seeking him out and making a fuss of him. So maybe he was just misunderstood after all?