Livery in clevedon/yatton area

walkers_dream

Visit site
Hi i dont know if this is the right place to put this, how ever im new here so a little unsure as to where things go on this forum (sorry if its in the wrong place)

I am in need of a yard closer to home, and currently i can only find lynn byes number and i have contacted her but she is having to have a think about things first.

I have a 14/15 month old colt cob who i plan to keep entire providing he remains the same temperment as he is showing through out our whole partnership, and i am in need of DIY/PART Livery in my area.

My needs are as required
1. Stabling with electric/water
2. natural fencing/non barbed wired fencing.
3. arena if possible if not area to do ground work.
4. possible storage for gig (for future purpouses)
5. hay included (if not place to store hay, bedding and a feed room)

my limit is £300 a month but area is more important, only reason for moving is i need my horse closer to home as 20 mins drive, and the rush around after work is slowly running my batteries out!

Joeyjojo

Visit site
Hi and welcome!!

I don't think I can be terribly useful I'm afraid, but firstly if Lynne will take you go there. She is brilliant, my sister's horse has been there for 8 years and she truly looks after the horses as if they were her own.

Otherwise there are yards on Kenn moor (near the craft centre) and Ham Lane but I don't know a huge amount about them as I'm no longer living in that area.

If Lynne can't take on an ungelded horse then she's probably a good person to ask about other yards though, she know everyone in the area!!

Hope you find somewhere xx

walkers_dream

Visit site
Hi and welcome!!

I don't think I can be terribly useful I'm afraid, but firstly if Lynne will take you go there. She is brilliant, my sister's horse has been there for 8 years and she truly looks after the horses as if they were her own.

Otherwise there are yards on Kenn moor (near the craft centre) and Ham Lane but I don't know a huge amount about them as I'm no longer living in that area.

If Lynne can't take on an ungelded horse then she's probably a good person to ask about other yards though, she know everyone in the area!!

Hope you find somewhere xx

Hi thanks for a reply! I used to work for her when i was 12! (i thought she was mean back then but now im an owner she was my 1st protocall!)
She has said she has a fair few mares, and although my lad is on a yard where mares are present, we no longer have any around so i dont know if hes come in to him self yet! (both the nads are there so im sure he may do very soon) But he can be kept with geldings, and other colts with out any problems! He will even go in a stable with another colt and share his food hes that good! (but as we know this all will change over time possibly)

I have managed to get hold of the owner of court farm in clevedon, and will be popping in after work as need to speak to his wife in regards to it, if not im going for a drive and nocking on some doors :p

Joeyjojo

Visit site
Lol I can imagine working for her as a teenager would be intimidating!

There are a couple of places the other side of Clevedon on norton's wood lane/Clevedon lane. I remember seeing a school being built from the motorway and always wondered if it was a livery yard!

I think Anthony Chetland has a yard in Kingston Seymour too - no details of it, but I knew him when I was younger so heard on the grapevine he had a place.

walkers_dream

Visit site
yeah thats sandra sims place, she does have a livery, but its a working livery, and tbh i dont like how they treat the horses. their way of bringing them in is chase them with a quad bike (thats what they did last time i was their) or go up behind the horses and scare them to the top! ide like to keep it how it is with i call him and he gallops over!

plus my old horse is there and i dont want to ahve to see him on a daily basis! lol that thing tried to kill me :eek:

i think i know of the one on kingston seymore will have to look in to that one!:cool:

Joeyjojo

Visit site
Aww bless your pony sounds lovely! In the field I'm lucky if mine doesn't walk away as I come over - she is a mare though can be aloof!

I was at the Dodd's yard in Clevedon for a couple of months back in the day (the one on the corner as you go out to Tickenham) - looks like its still run by the same people. Personally wouldn't go there unless its changed since then!

walkers_dream

Visit site
well as stated its DIY/PART im looking for, and im willing to pay for it, So unless their stupid and like to deny them selves good rent money with a good refrence. Well then i might aswell stay where i am.

The dodds, and ms bye will accept colts, But going to go around local private farms to see what they say as never know they may need that extra cash :cool: