Livery in Colchester

Lulup

Visit site
There are a few round there - I'm not recommending any, just telling you're ones I know are in tat kind of area,
The Garrison - Fordham
Flint Farm (or something like that - quite near to the Garrison I think)
Cropping Hall - Wakes Colne
Scarletts - practical Stanway I think

There is at least one in West Bergholt but can't remember the name - try the advert board at Priory Saddlery in Boxted maybe?

Hope that helps :)

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Loads in priory but there's crepping hall.
Flint farm
Armoury farm
Enfields farm
Thurgoods farm stanway
Nice place on Mersea island
Janes yard next to kiln
Just a few but quite a few around just depends on her budget
Does she not want to have my old place at garrison then?

caramel

Visit site
Another vote for Scarletts. I know the YO well, and she does her own freelancing groom bits aswell. Will PM you re the garrison.

Rosbif

New User
Visit site
Review - to anyone considering Jane's yard near Kiln, it is without doubt a beautiful yard, with a decent menage, fairly good grazing, and good quality stables. However, the yard is advertised as DIY Livery and it is anything but. Be prepared to be charged for everything because you will not be allowed to have anyone help you with your horse/pony for any reason, at any time, even something as simple as someone leading your horse in whilst you do something else will not be permitted. Your horse will have to be in every night throughout the year, and in the Winter months your horse will have to be in by 3.30pm at the latest. You should also be prepared to accept someone telling you how to feed, how much to feed, when to feed, how to shoe, how not to shoe, how to ride, when to ride, how to school your horse and how...pretty much you will have to accept someone telling you that they know better than you when it comes to YOUR horse. If you can accept all of that, then it's a lovely yard, but if you like to enjoy your horse, then steer clear.

Stelzar

Visit site
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Have you please got numbers for Scarletts yard please sounds nice and I am going to potentially be moving to Colchester in August! Nothing like planning ahead, also if you have a post code so I could look at it on google maps I will be eternally grateful :)

Many Thanks

Stella

Stelzar

Visit site
Anyone???? Please :)

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Have you please got numbers for Scarletts yard please sounds nice and I am going to potentially be moving to Colchester in August! Nothing like planning ahead, also if you have a post code so I could look at it on google maps I will be eternally grateful :)

Many Thanks

Stella