Livery in Hertfordshire - Patchetts?

sassyequine

Visit site
I am looking for a move to a new livery yard, preferably dressage focussed for later in the year. New to the Herts area, I would be interested to hear experiences of Patchetts? I am looking for full livery with indoor facilities and access to competitions although this is usually offsite. Turnout is important and although looking for a dressage bias, my horses hack! All ideas or feedback welcome.

BBH

Visit site
I looked at Patchetts for my horse but in those days it was one groom to ten horses which I felt was too much ( full livery ). The competition facilities are great but turn out was limited and hacking needed to pass busy roads.

Parking was also limited.

Mote End Farm - again big yard with all the facilities but got a bit silly with their surcharges for everything ie if a friend visits.

Dressage yard consider Keith Robertson. Lovely trainer and rider and very easy to get along with ie no hissy fits :D

EquiGirl1

Visit site
Dan Sherriffs place - Bayford Hall Farm is Herts, and thats very much a dressage yard, though there are a those who jump / hack as well. A couple of friends keep their horses on part livery there but pretty sure they do full. They have indoor and outdoor.

Patchetts is nice but not sure I'd want to be a livery there with all the competitions constantly, especially as the SJ in summer gets ridiculously busy.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
The thing about Patchetts is yes they have two lovely indoor schools but they are in use for competitions alot of the time.

In that area are Wild Farm and depending on your budget Netherwylde. Both are a stones throw from Patchetts but also have access to good hacking.

It will depend a bit on where you live. I'm on a small yard near Bayford Hall Farm and have been at a yard near Patchetts but the reality is people would look at one area or the other depending on where they are based.

Cougarlady

Visit site
I have my first proper horse at Patchetts. She's 5 and i'm 15 so i've needed a lot of help from all the yard staff. My groom is always ready to help me ditto with all the yard people including the manager who is never to busy to help a newbie with her horse. I would strongly reccomend patchetts to anyone. Can't praise it enought!

madmav

Visit site
Some surprisingly good hacking near Patchetts, but it is a busy old yard. All are many pennies round here, but Netherwylde is extreme. If you have the money, it is the business, though. South Medburn, has no hacking apart from in summer round their fields. Has indoor arenas and outside ones.
Bayford is lovely, lots of nice riding, but the other side of the county. Quite a big distance. Depends where you will be based and your budget. Happy to give more tips. Know most of them round here.