Livery in Highclere

limarie

New User
Visit site
Hi there

Im not sure if anyone can help but i recently have found a new job in Highclere Berkshire, and need to find somewhere to keep a horse. DIY with school, jumps, friendly atmosphere etc. I dont actually have a horse yet but have been working with horses all my life and am looking to get back into jumping after years of hardly any riding at all so as im here if anyone knows of a good all rounder for full loan i would be interested to hear.

Many thanks

Ahrena

Visit site
Yess!

I'm at a yard in Highclere. It's DIY thought YO can turnout ect with arrangement.
Its got hacking directly into Highclere Park in the summer, you have to buy a permit but it means virtually no roadwork in summer if you don't want it plus access to a small cross country course. In winter theres also good hacking with lots of bridlepaths including the wayfarers walk in easy reach.

The yard itself has a 40x60 school (no floodlights though) and a large roundpen. Lots of jumps, a gate, fillers ect. Big stables - 12 x 14 or 14 x 14 I'm not sure, and you get private tack rooms at the back of your stable so avoids any problems of stuff going missing by accident.

It's quite a large yard but very quiet, not many people (in comparrision to horses) ride so theres always plenty of space in the school ect.

It goes off the main road going through Highclere..if you want a number or anything just pm me
smile.gif

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Ahrena, Out of interest is there horsebox parking at Highclere park? I'm just about to move my horses to the Newbury area and whilst I can hack a bit from where we are buying I'm also interested in finding other nice hacking places we can box to. Who would I contact for a permit? Thanks.

Ahrena

Visit site
I think there's a field near the start of the cross country course you're allowed to park in, I'm not 100% sure because we don't have to do it ourselves but thats what I think.

My mum sorts the stuff for the permit but I assume she calls the number on the Highclere Castle website?
smile.gif

Kirkl002

New User
Visit site
Hi I am a 12 year old (6 stone, 1.40m) female rider, I am quite experienced and have been riding for about 5 years at various riding school and for differnet people. I live in highclere and at the moment I am looking for a short term loan pony(13-14 hh) to ride over the summer holidays. Many thanks.:)

Tivvy D

New User
Visit site
Yess!

I'm at a yard in Highclere. It's DIY thought YO can turnout ect with arrangement.
Its got hacking directly into Highclere Park in the summer, you have to buy a permit but it means virtually no roadwork in summer if you don't want it plus access to a small cross country course. In winter theres also good hacking with lots of bridlepaths including the wayfarers walk in easy reach.

The yard itself has a 40x60 school (no floodlights though) and a large roundpen. Lots of jumps, a gate, fillers ect. Big stables - 12 x 14 or 14 x 14 I'm not sure, and you get private tack rooms at the back of your stable so avoids any problems of stuff going missing by accident.

It's quite a large yard but very quiet, not many people (in comparrision to horses) ride so theres always plenty of space in the school ect.

It goes off the main road going through Highclere..if you want a number or anything just pm me
smile.gif
Hi Ahrena

I hope you’re having a good weekend. I wonder if you would be so kind and give me the name and phone number of the livery yard you spoke of at the edge of Highclere. My daughter has moved into the area and we’re looking for a lovely livery yard. Many thanks in advance. Tivvy