livery Middlesex/Hertfordshire

Divasmum

Visit site
Does anyone know of any good yards in Herts/Middx and also South Bucks is a possiblilty. Must have a school and would prefer the option of individual grazing. Thank you

SO1

Visit site
I am in your area and know quite a few yards.

What facilities do you need? Do you need a school and do you need individual turnout all year and do you need it 24/7?

I know a couple of places that do it during the summer but then the winter grazing is shared.

Is there a particular reason you need individual turnout or would possibly being turned out with one other be acceptable?

Divasmum

Visit site
Hi. Thanks for posting a reply. We need a school and individual grazing. He would be coming in at night. The grazing doesn't have to be extensive but we want it so we don't risk any unwanted kicks. Parking for a trailer would be a bonus! Please can you give me an idea of the cost as well.

SO1

Visit site
ok my old yard London Equestrian Centre I am pretty sure did individual grazing but it would not be all year round and you might only get a few hours a day as other competition horses use that space to they are in west finchley and have a very good school. DIY is £160 a month

Also in Mill Hill there is burton hole farm and I know there are horses in the summer that have their own fenced off areas for individual grazing but in the winter there is only shared grazing and the school is fairly small and it is completely DIY. I think about £80 a month.

I am on a lovely yard in Chorleywood but they do small groups 2-4 horses but that may be because people like their horses to have company. £125 a month.

I have heard that there is a place near rickmansworth called catlips that have alot of competition horses so perhaps they do invididual grazing.

Littlebourne in Ruislip is lovely and I think they have a sick paddock so you might be able to work something out with them so you could use that.

I guess you are going to be looking at competition yards or perhaps farms where they are willing to let you electric fence off your own area really if you are wanting individual grazing.

Perhaps ring round a few places and explain your situation and even if they don't publicise it they may be able to sort something out for you with regard to the individual grazing.