Livery near Bristol

RGSportHorses

New User
Visit site
Overseas Bristol University veterinary student here. Relocating from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to Bristol, UK. In tow, I'm bringing my two horses: a 17yo warmblood mare and a 4yo warmblood filly. As I'll be going back to school I have a limited budget (husband will be working and I don't want to kill him with bills) of 500 GBP/horse/month.

Looking for assisted or part livery (or full if budget allows!) near/around Bristol. Would like if the place had an arena, but riding is going to have to take a back seat while I'm getting my degree, and I just want to make sure my girls are being taken care of. I'm not sure what my schedule will be like yet but I should be able to help with chores once a day (mucking out), but would need someone to feed and turn out/in.

I'm also waiting to hear back from the Univesity of Surrey as that may be an option as well, but I've heard that Surrey is a much more expensive place to live, and I assume livery in that area will be the same.

bluehorse

Visit site
Hi, a few options spring to mind depending on what you’re looking for:

https://www.leylandcourt.co.uk/livery - possibly not a bad location for the uni and flexible livery options

https://www.apequestrian.com/ - dressage yard but a bit further out

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I recommend APEquestrian at Hinton.

That isn't going to be cheap enough is it? I was there in the 80s when it was a riding school called Dyrham Stables (even though its in Hinton) and there was no winter turnout. It's in new hands now but it looks like it's gone well up market.

bluehorse

Visit site
That isn't going to be cheap enough is it? I was there in the 80s when it was a riding school called Dyrham Stables (even though its in Hinton) and there was no winter turnout. It's in new hands now but it looks like it's gone well up market.
Yes it is very much a dressage competition yard, still no winter turnout but that doesn’t bother some people. It’s just an option for the OP to consider.