Livery near Chippenham

trendybraincell

Visit site
Good morning one and all, its not strictly a competition thread but I'm a competition rider and would like to canvas the opinions of people that post in here and maybe not in other areas of the forum!!

I'm looking to relocate soon (no set timescale) I'm going to be moving in with my partner who lives in the Pewsham area of Chippenham and I work in Bath. I don't know anyone horsey up there to ask around but I'm searching for yards and not having much luck so far :(

Must haves:
Stable
Grazing year round, but happy if restricted in winter
School
Happy to allow outside trainer in (insured etc.)
Happy for me to be there at funny times as I work shifts

A bonus would be a 20X60 or an indoor and a horse walker but theses things I can live without!

Any suggestions?!

Soup Dragon

Visit site
I do not know of many yards around the area so cannot help you with suggestions of yards / contact details.
The one I am at has most of your requirements but no vacancies at the moment.

Most adverts I see for yard vacancies can be found in Countrywide Stores in Melksham or Wadswick Country Store near Corsham. Wadswick staff were also very helpful when I moved to the area a couple of years ago, giving me names and contact numbers of some local yards.

Also if you join the Wiltshire Horse Riders facebook group you will find more information there.

trendybraincell

Visit site
Sorry Lazysunday, I forgot to add that bit!! I'm after DIY really, but might be interested in part livery as I work shifts.

Thank you Soup Dragon, I did check out the message boards at Wadswick but there was only one yard advertising and that was full livery only. A little out of my price range :D
I have joined a couple of Wiltshire Facebook groups and posted on those as well so fingers crossed something comes up :)

_GG_

Visit site
There are so many, it's all about who has vacancies at the moment really. I'll PM you in the morning but if you have any in mind, PM me and I'll give you honest feedback as I know people at pretty much all of the yards around here x