Livery near Glenrothes, Fife

TwixMum

Visit site
I'm moving back into the area after a period of being away, and looking for livery within 15-20mns of Glenrothes, any direction.
Looking for assisted, a decent school and good grazing. ANy suggestions I know of

Bowhouse
Ingrie
Cults Mill

TPO

Visit site
Bowhouse wouldn't be for me. I've never been but heard bad reports about school surfaces. It's on a very bad road that you couldn't pay me enough to ride a horse on so check what hacking is available.

There's a livery called Cuddyhouse that's in Cowdenbeath. Never been on it but hears not great things and you can see it from the motorway. It would be for me but if you post on Central Scotland livery yards you'd be flooded with recommendations for it.

There's a place out at Star. Again no idea about it and it advertises a lot but might be worth a look.

Is Cults Mill the full livery only place? If it is I vaguely know someone there and it looks like a cracking and well run yard.

If you go on Fifr Horse Riders oage there was someone advertising livery on a private yard just outside Dunfermline. Thr aerial shot is of a very nice yard.

Milldeans Farm in Leslie has part or full. That might be where I'm thinking of rather than Cults Farm.

Newton Farm Livery in Wormit. Has a fb page

Is Glenfarg in Perth too far? Same for Cleish or Powmill?

Lambertsmill is close to Kircaldy. Has a fb oage

TPO

Visit site
Also, if its you that's just posted asking this question on fb I'd avoid Lochore Meadows. Absolute dive of a place with broken fences and wire and ragwort everywhere. It's in The Meedies so people walking past day and night with dogs running into fields and people trying to pat horses, but loads of people not the odd one or two.

I can't find it now but there was a video that went viral for all the wrong reasons of horse riders at Loch Ore/the meedies. You wouldn't want to be in livery beside them!

I'd swerve Kirkness livery too. Have a look at the fb pages of the folk running the yard.

Lochview is worth a look but might be a bit far for you.

There are some nice yards in Cleish and there's livery at a couple of Kinross places too but not sure if that's too far.

Last edited: