Livery near Horsham??!!

Steve.T

New User
Visit site
Any recommendations please?
As close to Broadbridge Heath or surrounding areas as possible but happy to travel within reason.
Assisted DIY preferably.
New to the area and cant seem to find much that suits!
Any suggestions greatly received! :D

Last edited:

Clare85

Visit site
I'm not sure there's any yards actually in Broadbridge Heath but there's loads in the surrounding areas. We've been at a yard in Billingshurst since May but have just moved to one in Wisborough Green as the hacking is much, much better there. Have you looked on the facebook pages for West Sussex? There's often livery advertised in the Horsham area and surrounding villages :)

Steve.T

New User
Visit site
Hi Clare85, thanks for your response.
Billingshurst isnt too far out of my way. I was ideally thinking maybe more Slinfold or Warnham direction. All the good yards seem to not need to advertise. Others worryingly advertise frequently.
Why did you move from the yard in Billingshurst as that is potentially a suitable location for me. Also haven't thought of facebook. What are the group pages for West Sussex called?
Thanks again :)

helenchat

Visit site
I'm local to Horsham and I'm pretty sure there are a few yards in Shipley? I've seen HRH equestrian advertising on Facebook for liveries, so maybe try there? Good pages are things like Horsey things for sale in Sussex and Anything Horsey Sussex - maybe also try the #twittereventing page? More general but has a lot of members so you might get a few different responses. Hope that helps!

helenchat

Visit site
Ooh found some more useful pages!
Livery yards - West Sussex
West Sussex livery offered/wanted
Not sure how good they are but might be worth a check!

Dustygirl

Visit site
Bridge House in Slinfold.
Facebook page - Horse Store Sussex and there's a Sussex Riders.
East lands Farm - don't think they do assisted diy though?
There are quite a few yards around but a lot are smaller yards and it's very much word of mouth.

Steve.T

New User
Visit site
Hi Helenchat
Thanks very much for this. I shall look into it.
I work in Rudgewick so do you know of any in that direction maybe?
Thanks also for facebook page suggestions

Steve.T

New User
Visit site
Hi Dustgirl.
Bridgehouse I am waiting for a response from. I am told they don't have winter turn out but unsure how true this is, do you know?
Eastlands Farm is a new one to me I shall look into, Thank you for the suggestion.
As you say word of mouth seems to be the way forward. I haven't been in the area very long at all so dont really know many horsey people yet! :(

sussex_sun

Visit site
Jody Sole (JS Equestrian) in Dragons Green is excellent - AYTO, lots of support, all weather school with lights, amazing hacking on massive private estate.....but only full livery available. PM me if you want more info.

Dustygirl

Visit site
Historically BridgeHouse have not had good winter turnout.
Def get yourself onto the Facebook groups.
Will post again if I think of anymore.

teapot

Visit site
I'm doing work experience up that way at the moment, will ask one of the ladies in the office for any other recommendations for you.

fatponee

Visit site
Not sure if they have any spaces at the moment but it might be worth having a look at Woodhouse Farm Livery (they have a Facebook page). Small, private yard, extremely well run and great facilities.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Could look on Facebook page "Livery / grazing information South-East" that has quite a few sussex based yards. Could also contact Rudgwick Riding Club / Horsham Riding club to see if they know of anything.
I know one to avoid near Cowfold but it doesn't do any DIY so unless you decide to go for another type of livery then you won't be looking at it anyway.

HashRouge

Visit site
Re Slinfold and winter turnout, I used to work for a showjumper who lived just outside the village and the area is on deep clay just below the surface, making winter turnout difficult especially if it's a wet year. Honestly I've never seen clay quite so deep as there!

vam

Visit site
I'm at a yard near Billingshurst, not going to lie the hacking is rubbish round me but the yard is lovely and the horse is happy.
Sands Farm doesn't do winter turn out. Its clay all round Warnham so turnout might be limited at places and the hacking isn't great. Maple Liveries is good but was out of my price range.
When I was looking I really struggled to find a yard and as I was new to the area didn't know anyone to ask for smaller one.
Good luck