Livery (oh yes, livery!)

What are you?

• Total voters

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Given the recent all consuming forum interest in how horses are kept, I thought I'd do a poll to establish THE TRUTH
S
smile.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why only one choice? I wanted to tick "all of the above".

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have ruined the neutral and objective stance I've been careful to maintain.
S
laugh.gif

dwi

Visit site
Without starting a bun fight I've never liked the idea of grass livery. What do you do if you need to put your horse on box rest or restricted turnout for health reasons?

Out of choice I would rather D lived out 24/7 but there have been plenty of times when her health has come first and she's needed to be kept in for a period

soph21

Visit site
none of the above apart from mine are on grass livery, im size 6-8, live on a packet of crisps a day and thats 100% true, im eating plain hula hoops as i write this!! im a bit odd too!!!!!!!!! id live in the trailer at my field if i didnt have a daughter!!!!

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What do you do if you need to put your horse on box rest or restricted turnout for health reasons?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! You rent a stable surely?
wink.gif

soph21

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Without starting a bun fight I've never liked the idea of grass livery. What do you do if you need to put your horse on box rest or restricted turnout for health reasons?

there is a stable if i need it, thats where i kept Bertie for a few days, im going to start paying 2 quid a week for it as its handy to have somewhere to put bear to dry out before of after a hack. and vets etc...

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you do if you need to put your horse on box rest or restricted turnout for health reasons?

[/ QUOTE ]

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Tia, you can rig up washing lines and old bits of MDF between your trailer home and your pickup truck to make a temporary pen for your horse. Then you can check on him/her whenever you're throwing your beer cans out of the window. Perfect.
S
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Why go to all that bother and expense? Surely you just open the door and have him step inside your trailer home or wrap him up in a tarp?
wink.gif

soph21

Visit site
im going to take of a photo of my field tomorrow, even though i dont live here Tia and shilasdair have just described it! thats so spooky, im being honest, i'll be back tomorrow with a piccy!!!!

dwi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Tia, you can rig up washing lines and old bits of MDF between your trailer home and your pickup truck to make a temporary pen for your horse. Then you can check on him/her whenever you're throwing your beer cans out of the window. Perfect.
S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to imply anything by my comment, just curious really. if I could find a yard where Daisy could live out and I only paid for the stable on the days i needed it that would be ideal. Most of the year D's stable is standing unused but I don't have an option to do it any other way.

Chex

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I pay to use a stable if I need one - still grass livery though. My friend just uses her field shelter for boxrest if she has to.

TGM

Visit site
All people with horses on full livery are fat, rich, self-centered and too lazy to do their own horses.

All DIY liveries are poor, ugly, horse-neglecters with greying underwear.

All grass liveries live on benefits, eat McDonalds, dress like hookers and never feed their horses.

Is that the sort of thing you want to hear?
smirk.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
All people with horses on full livery are fat, rich, self-centered and too lazy to do their own horses.

All grass liveries live on benefits, eat McDonalds, dress like hookers and never feed their horses.

Is that the sort of thing you want to hear?
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at the moment I am concentrating on objective, quantitative research....I may, in the interests of science, conduct an in depth qualitative analysis using personal interview techniques later on.
S
grin.gif
(MSc, FHEA, etc)

jesterfaerie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
grin.gif