Livery Prices in Staffordshire and Shropshire?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
We're looking to move this year and contemplating the options.

I was wondering what the prices are for livery (DIY, Part, and Full) in these two areas are.

I'm assuming exercise and schooling would be on top, so rates for those as well would be good.

Thank you in advance - I can offer some rather yummy chocolates from our own Pippipony, but you'll have in quick :)

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
I charge £40 DIY and you buy your own hay/bedding but full use of fields, wash box and solarium. £80 full (non ridden) and £120 full with work (those include Haylage and 1 bale shavings PW on average, as messy horses are kept clean!)

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Staffordshire moorlands. 35/week diy with adlib haylage, floodlit 60x45 arena, stable, all year turnout (and it really is!), can ride around haylage fields roughly 40acres, and use of gallops. Can add turn out/fetch in with any rug changes etc for 2.50/day, and full livery is 5/day ontop of basic. This doesn't include riding/hard feed/bedding. But plenty of storage for tack etc and no limitation on what bedding to use.

jnb

Visit site
Hello MrsM! *waves*
I am in Shropshire nr Ironbridge, the yard I'm on only does Part & Full (exercise extra, confusingly)
Several packages are available, we do have amazing hacking (as we're friends on Facebook you'll have seen my millions of hacking photos!) and we have a floodlit 50 x 25m school.
Part livery, turnout and bring in, 5 days a week incl hay 7 days a week is £55
Part livery, turnout or bring in plus mucking out, bale of shavings 5 days and all hay is £69
5 day full livery (turnout, bring in, muck out, 5 days plus bale having so and all hay) is £76
7 days full livery incl paddock poo picked all hay, bedding is £94
Exercise £15 per 45 min but arrangements for daily exercise catered for, I.e breaking livery, schooling livery around £120 a week.
Totally trustworthy staff....but we are full, needless to say! However there * may* be a few extra stables going in soon.
There is another yard fairly close that offers DIY at £29 (has 60 x 30m floodlit school, small XC course & onsite shows) - part with turnout and bring in (no hay or bedding) @£44 - 5 day full @£77
Shropshire is a VERY horsy county with lots of show venues....do you know which bit you'd be looking at, as it's the biggest land-locked county in England?
:)

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I'm in south Shrops on a small private yard. Horses are all out 24/7 in summer which costs £4/ day. Stabled P/L in winter is £7 a day I think and full is £12 a day, inc one bale of shavings and hay (that allows for a normal amount of hay per day - if you start feeding crazy amounts, YO will charge more). Exercise is £10 a session which would get you a 30 - 45 min school or 45 min hack.
The service is great, we have a 50 x 25m sand and rubber school without lights, set of SJs, v knowledgeable YO & groom, amazing hacking. Previous yard was in Staffs, bigger yard. I think I paid £40 a week for DIY plus hay, and then paid for additional services when I needed them. The service wasn't v good despite costing me more than my current yard and T/O was incredibly limited (read: none in winter).

There are loads of yards in Staffs and Shrops. Prices are not extortionate compared to being down south (where I lived for a while) but I've found that generally the service on big yards isn't great. I don't think that's unique to this area though!!

L&M

Visit site
Very reasonable usually - however if you pop over the border into Wales it is even better value. I live on the shrop/welsh border and diy is around £25- £30 per week.

A lovely area to live and very horse friendly...