Livery Stamfordham area

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Hi folks,
Moving oop norf in November (was meant to be moving down south but OH got offered a better job incl house so made more sense!) and starting to look at livery yards in the area. Will be looking for either DIY or Part (preferable!).
So far I've found East Moorhouse, who are literally on our doorstep. Sounds perfect except they don't have a floodlit arena which would be a bummer throughout the winter.
Also found Prestwick Mill farm stables, who do have a floodlit arena and offer excellent rates, however they are around 20 mins away so would prefer something abit closer.
Does anyone have any experience of either of the above (pm me if neccessary!), or know of any others local to the Stamfordham area?
Many thanks,
an excited BQ :)

tigger01

Visit site
Like Jayelle says, depends on which part of Stamdfordham you want to be. Pastures New has just been taken over again and has a FB page. East Moorhouses is lovely - shame about the arena. Not sure if Granary Stables (near airport) are still open - they're nice. Prestwick Mill - pm me if you like!!! Tilery - might be a bit far away though. Meldon Park near Morpeth - Rowena Auld. Think thats nice and it has indoor arena I think. My horse is near Ponteland in lovely quite small yard - I'm moving so might be a stable. Again pm if you want info. Good luck with the move.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the recommendations and pms. Have constructed a bit of a short list, and was wondering if anyone had any experiences of Kirkley Farm? :)

sikaran

Visit site
Kearsley was good when Matt ran it, but is now being run by someone unqualified and inexperienced which is not a good combination! I believe there is a yard at Great Whittington with an indoor, or Pastures New is worth a look - lovely arena and lovely people.

jayelle

Visit site
What's wrong with Pastures New???? It has completely new people who are really nice and I've only heard good things about them and that was from a couple of well respected local instructors. I would go visit them yourself and make your own mind up!

sikaran

Visit site
Jayelle the comments about Pastures New sounds like somebody with a personal grudge against the new tenant. Hopefully Brpadfordqueen will make her own mind up. I don't think that a yard that has only been open two months can have such a bad reputation!

Lolly111

New User
Visit site
I would recommend Rowena at Temple Equine she has a good web site as well I will get it for you. It might be a little further but I have a friend there who loves it and I think a couple of girls from one of the other mentioned yards are heading there due to non horsey yard owners. The hackings great and has an indoor school she defo does part livery.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
It's quite difficult when you don't know the area whatsoever, and even more daunting when youve never had a horse on a livery yard before! But I will definitely go to visit some and make my own mind up, I think I'm a reasonably good judge of character ;) I'm heading up tomorrow for the week to do house things and visit yards, hopefully I find somewhere suitable!