Livery with non grass turnout

LadyDarcy

Visit site
Hi everyone,
My new horse, a grey, has been with me for nearly 3 weeks and she already has terrible mud fever.
Are there any yards within 40 minutes of East London that have non grass turn out available in winter? Must have good hacking.
Or a place that manages their mud really well?
Would be very grateful for recommendations.
Thank you!

Squeak

Visit site
Is there anything that you can do to manage the mud fever at the current yard? E.g. pig oil and sulphur or turnout boots?

As the horse is new are the previous owners able to offer advice on what helped her specifically? I've often found that Mud Fever treatment can be quite specific for each horse.

LadyDarcy

Visit site
Is there anything that you can do to manage the mud fever at the current yard? E.g. pig oil and sulphur or turnout boots?

As the horse is new are the previous owners able to offer advice on what helped her specifically? I've often found that Mud Fever treatment can be quite specific for each horse.

I initially went with the brush it off once dry ideology, but that clearly didn't work. So I started oiling her up but its already too late in a sense.

I was considering mud boots, but she has mud fever all up her thigh from kicking it up :(

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
did you wash it off first. we had a horse come to our yard and the owners said all of their horses with white legs got mud fever every year. she arrived with quite bad mud fever so we hosed her legs and put sudocrem on and still kept her turned out and after a couple of weeks she was virtually ok...i think some areas are worse than others

Goldenstar

Visit site
You need to get the vet and see if she needs antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication .
you will need to keep her in and exercise her on the hard until you are on top of it .