Livery yard Cheshire/Manchester/Merseyside

4faults

Visit site
I am looking for a livery yard in the Cheshire/Merseyside/Manchester areas.

Yard needs to offer DIY but have some way of having horses looked after on days I cant be there. Must have at least a decent outdoor, preferably with access to some off road hacking as well.

OH works in Manchester and I can work from anywhere so needs to be in easy reach of Manchester for OH, we are currently looking at new houses around that area but dont know of any yards.

We would be interested in renting a yard with accomodation if anyone knows of any available, this would be the ideal for us as we used to have our own place and miss it so much, everytime I ring up for one they are gone :rolleyes:

Any suggestions greatfully received :)

Syrah

Visit site
Have a look at Cheshirehorse.co.uk.

Can you be more specific on area, they are 3 big counties. I live near Somerford Park, there are quite a few livery yards around here :)

4faults

Visit site
To be honest I'm pretty much looking in all of them. As long as it's within an hours commuting distance of Manchester city centre anything goes really.

I'm currently stabled in Melling, have been on yards in Croft, Warrington although don't know many of them.

I have looked on google and got an idea of the bigger yards but you often miss out on the small ones who don't advertise online so people's experiences would be great.

Have tried Cheshire horse but waiting for account activation currently, thanks :)

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
Also look on HorseGossip forum, as there's a section offering livery etc and you can place wanted ads as well.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
http://robysliveryandponyparties.webeden.co.uk/

really nice yard, really friendy people..off road hacking- straight onto gallops, got small sand paddock, large grass schooling field with jumps and a full size indoor under construction.

Not too far from were you currently are- but closer to the M6 for a quick zip down to manc land.

Let me know if you want any more info-pm me if you prefer.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com

really nice yard, really friendy people..off road hacking- straight onto gallops, got small sand paddock, large grass schooling field with jumps and a full size indoor under construction.

Not too far from were you currently are- but closer to the M6 for a quick zip down to manc land.

Just round the corner from me! The 'gallops' are actually mown margins and we pay to use them £2 per week, but the hacking is good and you are only 5 minutes from the motorway. I live near there and I can be in Manchester in 30 minutes out of rush hour and 45 minutes normal rush hour. Not sure if you are looking for property to rent but try the Derby Estate, I think they use Smiths Gore as their agents they own a lot of property around and about.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Just round the corner from me! The 'gallops' are actually mown margins and we pay to use them £2 per week, but the hacking is good and you are only 5 minutes from the motorway. I live near there and I can be in Manchester in 30 minutes out of rush hour and 45 minutes normal rush hour. Not sure if you are looking for property to rent but try the Derby Estate, I think they use Smiths Gore as their agents they own a lot of property around and about.

ooh you must be just up the road from me then!! small world - to the OP yep the gallops are part of bickerstaffe hall- we pay 6 monthly to use them, but they keep them pretty decent, and have a few little jumps up in the nice months.

and that is a good tip about the derby estate- pretty much everything is owned by them round there. Good luck in finding somewhere!

FRESHMAN

www.northcotestud.com
We have a property for sale or rent to right people. 14 stables, 16 acres grazing, indoor & outdoor arenas, barn, tack room, wash room & solarium. 5 bed house very private 1/2 mile from main rd. 1 mile from train station, 25 mins by rail to Manchester Victoria station. 40 mins by rd. Pm if of any interest.

4faults

Visit site
HH- Thanks, I hadn't even thought of that, they must see such a wide range great idea to pick their brains.

B&A- thanks for link will have a proper look on laptop tomorrow :)

BB- great idea re Lord Derby's estate hadnt even thought of that, I am looking to rent a house as well so that's brilliant, thank you

MGM- at the moment Crewe is a bit far for just livery but we are looking for a house as well and if we end up that way I would definitely be interested in having a look, thank you

AbFab

Visit site
East Manchester has some very nice horsey areas. Places like Glossop (or anywhere on the train line to there from Manchester, so Mottram, Broadbottom etc) are lovely and it's no more than 30mins by car or rail to get into Manchester. Hargate Hill Equestrian Centre is a lovely one, if a bit expensive.

robysfarm

robysliveryandponyparties.webeden.co.uk

Thats me! Sorry I didnt see that someone had put the link to our website before I pm'd you. T:eek:

margiegran

Visit site
could you tell me the name off the yard you are on, looking for a nice friendly yard with indoor riding must be full livery.