Livery yard easily accessible from walnut tree Milton Keynes

JaneEmery

New User
Visit site
I will be moving to walnut tree soon & am looking for part or supported diy livery in a lively yard. Any suggestions? I've seen radwell farm on the internet but have not visited it.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Radwell Farm is probably the closest, but they are quite small and seem to have a high turn over. My friend was there and hated it, but then she never seems to stay anywhere long so probably her! Theres the old trekking centre and another one that I cant remember the name of that are between Woburn and Bowbrick Hill. Theres another one near the railway crossing. Theres a few around Bowbrick Hill as well. St Margarets is nice. Avoid Bryerly Springs like the plague!

Theres quite a few out towards Newport Pagnell as well. Trudie who runs Lakes Lane is lovely.

Last edited:

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Collingwood is by the level crossing and lovely owner (she's a mate so would say that :wink3:) Woodleys is one between Bow and Woburn Sands. Same owner as the Trekking centre (no longer a trekking centre but an almost empty livery yard) but he has managers in the running it. St Margarets between Great and Little Brickhill is ok, very hilly fields with lots of rabbit holes. The roads are very fast though considering they're country lanes.
Totally agree with Frankiecob though about both Radwell and Bryerly !

Leo Walker

Visit site
The manager of the trekking centre is very definitely unique! Woodleys is run in a very different way and is the place my friend settled at, so given the two, that would be the better option!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Home Farm is a bit further out. Very cheap and a bit rough and ready. Massive fields where a lot live out 24/7. They put a new huge school in last year and I know people who are there and love it, as well as people who have hated it and left. Probably worth a look and see what you think.

I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting about. There are definitely yards Cranfield way and a few towards Hanslope including the Eventing Centre. I was the other side of CMK to Walnut Tree though and didnt want to go as far as Hanslope so I'm a bit hazy on those.

If you find anywhere suitable you can always post and if no one knows it on here, then I will no doubt know someone either there now or has been in the not too distant past :)

JaneEmery

New User
Visit site
I've looked round MKEC last week & it's lovely. Unfortunately it's 13 miles/25 mins away. It's a possibility but would prefer closer. Does anyone know about Kingsland farm at Drayton parslow?

Carefreegirl

Visit site
The manager of the trekking centre is very definitely unique! Woodleys is run in a very different way and is the place my friend settled at, so given the two, that would be the better option!

Did you see the owner (man) or the manager (woman) ? :biggrin3:

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
It's fab here. We have a new 60x40 school and some xc jumps round the farm

We do have odd winters when if it's too wet the feilds are either restricted turn put or they are shut but with the big school, lunge pen and feilds to work the horses round it's not always a problem.

I think we are full up at the moment but give them a ring and see.

Leo Walker

Visit site
It's fab here. We have a new 60x40 school and some xc jumps round the farm

We do have odd winters when if it's too wet the feilds are either restricted turn put or they are shut but with the big school, lunge pen and feilds to work the horses round it's not always a problem.

I think we are full up at the moment but give them a ring and see.

oh I didnt know you were there. I am seriously envious of that huge, beautiful school!

JaneEmery

New User
Visit site
Thanks. Visited several. Marshmore, home farm & Kingsland were nice. Will probably go for Marshmore as the closest & busiest during the day. Thanks for your help.