livery yard pettiness this one will amaze you

aintgotnohay

Visit site
i bought a new pink wheelbarrow last week id saved up and it cost me £45 as was fed up of small metal one i had.jokingly said i was going to lock it up if people on diy yard used it.well some of them decided to put it on the stable roof one night-fine i can take a joke-thought it was funny.then they filled it with water and put it on a lower roof and yes you guessed it i got bloomin soaked but found the whole thing amusing.so i thought right ill padlock it up for a joke.the daughters livery manager who is a livery has cut through the lock and put the following on fb

"I did it wednesday u go n buy another lock i'll just smash the barrow up next time, ********ng pathetic lockin ur barrow up thought u woz an adult not a child"

its my barrow and surely ill decide wot to do with it.im just gobstacked.

what would you do?

Dancing Queen

Visit site
Move yards!

speak to yard owner/manager tell them about the behaviour and the abusive comments posted on FB.

Seriously I hate FB - never known so many cases of bullying since its inception!

Clippy

Visit site
I think i'd be looking for somewhere else to keep my horse.

How can you enjoy your horse when you have people like that around you?

ThePony

Visit site
Yikes, nice yard you are on!! I have to admit that I wouldn't have found the 'jokes' with it all that funny either tbh - my stuff on the yard is mine, it isn't a bloody lending library!

If they have a big issue with you locking it then surely speaking to you about it like an adult would have been better than posting that on fb. If that is indicative of their general attitude then I have to admit that I would be considering walking.

jeeve

Visit site
are that really is extreme. you have a right to have your things left alone, the first time may have been funny, probably not after that.

I would be speaking to the yard manager, and let them know that you are not happy. Mostly I would not be happy being spoken to/left a message like that.

jsr

Visit site
Wheelbarrow on the roof yes that's funny. With water in? Nope not funny, and now well it's down right bullying and I'd be packing my horses bags and taking my business elsewhere (along with with pink barrow!!:D).

Winklepoker

Visit site
I too would be looking for a new yard, I would feel really sad and threatened about that but I am quite a sensitive soul when it comes to atmospheres and bullying x

Kenzo

Visit site
Oh my word! Is she for real?

What a horrible nasty spiteful thing to say to a fellow livery who has gone along with their jokes (even if they did do them to take the pee a bit, least you took it on the chin and went along with it), but to say that, it’s disgusting behaviour and even more so from the YO daughter, what a nasty piece of work.

I wouldn’t stand for that, it’s bullying, I’d be tempted to say sling your hook and leave but I don’t believe in letting bully’s get away with things like that, so be mature about it, tell your YO and say you want an apology from her (gives her a chance to put things right and then start a fresh hopefully) if not then I’d be looking for somewhere else, makes me so mad reading this, how can people be so cruel.

*takes deep breaths*

Damnation

Visit site
If it were me, I would NOT be impressed.
I would invoice daughter and parent for a new lock, and be leaving that yard!
I would also be having strong words with daughter and parent and showing the parent the email. Disgusting behavioiur.
I am sorry but I just can't tolerate bad manners :eek:

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Agree with outher posters - to hide barrow once - yes funny, to continue with joke NOT funny. To cut through chain - disgusting behaviour. How dare she?! I would leave if you can. You have to be comfortable at your yard.

Sauerkraut

Visit site
How old is the daughter?
What a ......! No I wouldn't let her get away with it. You are a paying customer and I would go to YO and tell her you are leaving because of her daughter. Show her the Email too. YO is loosing business because her daughter hasn't got manners and is a little sh*** ehm I meant Bully! :D

Honestly, look for a new yard. You don't want to always have a bad feeling going to your yard. Having horses is about having fun, a good time and enjoying the time together.

Hope you find a lovely yard asap!

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
need some help finding another yard near tamworth,staffs if anyone knows and got to get off while they not there.only got one pony now so need transport aswell.

Why do you need to leave when they're not there? The YO's daughter is the one in the wrong here. You'll still need to settle any bills if you're leaving although you could deduct the price of the lock from anything outstanding.

Pampered Ponies

Visit site
Just find somewhere else and once you have got everything loaded and out of there, give them some good old honest feedback - whilst trying to remain objective and with dignity (I'd be hopeless at that part).

That way you remove yourself from any response/antics from the spiteful little moo